Shout out to those who begin again even when it's soooo hard!

Options
124»

Replies

• anewghost
    anewghost Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    The first time I used mfp on a different account, I lost about 96lbs from February to November in 2013. About the end November, I starting having horrible stomach pains, throwing up etc, every week. I didn't know until April that I had gallstones and needed surgery. Anyway, after the surgery, I pretty much started eating whatever I wanted for a while and in December I was back up about 30lbs.

It took me forever to actually start using mfp regularly again and regain my mental focus towards losing weight. My goal this time around is to reach a Jean size 12 by the end of the summer,.
  • TheRealStella47
    TheRealStella47 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    tomatoey wrote: »
    Doing it is all that matters :)

I'm not usually cheesy like this, but I do like these, maybe you'll like them too:

- "Fall down seven times, stand up eight" - Japanese proverb

- "Whatever your past has been, you have a spotless future." - Melanie Gustafson (but I first saw it on an episode of Being Erica, fwiw. Still, it's good :) ).

Best to you too :)

Reminds me of the saying, "'No one can go back and make a brand new start, my friend, but anyone can start from here and make a brand new ending.' Cheesy but true.
  • Nataliegetfit
    Nataliegetfit Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I started having trouble with my weight after having my 2nd child. I did weight watchers 12 years ago, lost a few then gained it back. Did it again a couple times since then. I found MFP probably 2 years ago. I started and stopped I think two times. I think I would be not patient enough to keep at it and see much of a weight change. This time, thankfully I saw more of a change, maybe I had a better mind set about it. I have been back at it since this Jan. 4th I have been logging my food and excercising about 6 days a week. Just started 30 day shred a week ago, really like it(hate it too) but can feel a difference in my strength and endurance so far. I have lost 17 lbs so far, have about 30 more to go.
    I think the people who are successful on here are the ones who keep doing it, don't stop, don't quit, don't take a break, don't stop logging and excercising. You want a difference, you need to make a change, tell yourself you're worth it. I am 46 and the women in my family tend to put on weight and I figure if I don't get it under control, take control of my life, I will get very heavy and be so heavy I will never get the weight off. I had gotten tired of looking down and seeing fat start right where my chest ended. (really they were a lot of fat too, since they are 1/2 gone now) I am seeing a small difference there and my face.
    Logging isn't that hard, doesn't take a lot of time. If that's what I have to do to get where I want, I will do it. When I do get down to a healthy weight, I plan on not stopping, doing the maintenance thing and keep myself accountable and try to live a healthier life.
    I hope you all can keep it up enough to see a difference, and realize it's a slow process, but it does work, you just have to keep on doing it. You can do it, and you're worth it.
  • Jeneba
    Jeneba Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I seem to go through this e v e r y single day! I am still having issues with my thyroid meds, so the fatigue makes it hard to exercise and I get ravenously hungry. So. Right this minute, I am starting over again! Thanks for this thread!
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I started over on January 12, before that I have one weight loss attempt here again last winter, using the same strategy, but two months in despite the results I gave up. I knew I was coming back though :) Down 11 lb or so, 85 to go.

Have you guys got any "lessons learnt" from your previous attempts? I see looking back I have a tendency to get a little too lax with myself and let my calorie goal creep up unchecked and I had not really made exercise an integral part of my life. Fixed those two by plotting my weight loss vs my intake so I can see the difference between eating enough and eating enough to stall, and by spending at least 30 mins being active (strength, cardio) 6 days out of 7. What about you, are you changing anything this time?

Lessons learnt....don't get pregnant again :)

I lost 66lbs after my 2nd baby, and was super fit and looked great, then I decided to have another baby. Now she's 10 months and I still have 30lbs to lose to get to pre-pregnancy weight. Still, she's worth it.

I'm eating slightly more than when I first started logging after my 2nd baby, and I do more strength training now, but I don't do anything else differently.
  • Jennicia74
    Jennicia74 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Im always a work in progress so starting over is always a must! GOOD LUCK!
  • bekim123
    bekim123 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I'm about three weeks into my third "go round". At least I caught myself after only gaining back about 12 pounds of the 20 or so I lost.
  • angelicminxiemoo
    angelicminxiemoo Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Over the last 10 years, ive restarted many times lol, but my main succeses were, 24st down to 16st 9, back upto 19st 13 down to 14st 12, then back upto where i am now 18st...... hoping to still get to 9st 6 someday......ahhh but im getting smaller each time!!! Wishing u all success ☺
  • TXRedDirt
    TXRedDirt Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    MFP works its us who don't always do. I originally started in Oct 2012 and lost 35 lbs by January 2013. For whatever reason I stopped and gained all the weight back, then in Oct 2014 decided it was time to get back on it when I couldn't ride carnival rides with my daughter. As of today I'm 1 lb shy of 50lbs.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!