Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Exercise calories

ive been on FMP on and off for a while and it seems to me that before exercise calories were shown but not taken into account in your daily calories or nutrition. Is there a way to do that now (in the settings?)
I would like it to show my exercise calories but i do t want them to be added to my daily allowance or to be counted in my weekly calories count.
The only way i can think of is to disable my endomondo app and my iphone step counter.
Is there another less radical way?
Thks

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,626 Member
    just ignore them. it says 'youve earned X amount from exercise' just dont eat that amount. lol most of the time i dont eat back mine, or certainly not many most days.
  • tostaky
    tostaky Posts: 30 Member
    I know i could but if i look under my weekly nutrition, they are accounted for and i would like to know how much of a deficit i have really. Plus i find that if they are automatically added then i am more likely to be tempted to eat them (which i dont but i do ask myself)
  • 89Madeline
    89Madeline Posts: 205 Member
    I actually do eat them back. Maybe not everything, but I always got the advice here to do eat them back. The calorie goal is based on a lot of things, one of is whether your job is sedentary or active etc. For me, my average day is sedentary so I don't need too many calories. However, when I run a 10K like today, I burn over 500 cals! I definitely need to recharge with some protein/carbs whatever. Obviously, don't eat (all of) it back with junkfood/alcohol/chocolate, but you can definitely eat it back in a balanced way. For example, two fried eggs or some extra pasta, an avocado, nuts, bananas, proteinbar/shake. Really, it's fine :)

(And I've lost 40 pounds so far so it doesn't work against me, lol)
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    The only way to not display them is to not log them. MFP is set up to add back your exercise calories to your daily goal.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Log the exercise as 1 calorie, or just put them into your exercise notes.
  • tostaky
    tostaky Posts: 30 Member
    Good work Maddy!
    I might just disable the link between mfp and my iphone then.
  • I don't pay attention to them. I use my brain cells (or a calculator if I'm very tired!) to do the mental calculation of what I should have/been eating.