two night binge! :(

Options

Replies

• brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    How much do you eat per day?
    Are you measuring it?
    How are you calculating your workout calorie burns?
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
  • taylorblade
    taylorblade Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Are you measuring it?

I eat like a athlete 5 to 6 meals a day because I am a athlete. Sometimes I eat according to my schedule or when I want to.
    Yes! I do measure my food and stuff. Just only on the days i know when i am about to binge i dont because there is no point if im just eating everything in sight.
    I have a polar f7 heart rate monitor i use to calculate my calories burned.
  • brianpperkins
    Options
    Are you measuring it?

I eat like a athlete 5 to 6 meals a day because I am a athlete. Sometimes I eat according to my schedule or when I want to.
    Yes! I do measure my food and stuff. Just only on the days i know when i am about to binge i dont because there is no point if im just eating everything in sight.

You still haven't answered how much you eat. Failing to log a binge doesn't make it not happen and it is impossible to honestly assess if you even reached maintenance calories for the day if you don't calculate the intake.

If you were the athlete you claim, you'd need to fuel your body appropriately.

A lot of what you're posting doesn't add up right now.
  • taylorblade
    Options
    Are you measuring it?

You still haven't answered how much you eat. Failing to log a binge doesn't make it not happen and it is impossible to honestly assess if you even reached maintenance calories for the day if you don't calculate the intake.

What are you talking about? I just told you i eat 5 to six meals a day a balanced meal. So like literally what are you saying or asking?
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    Open your diary.
  • taylorblade
    Options
    Are you measuring it?

And I just told you. I log all the time just not on binges how can I log on a binge if I dont know how many calories are in the food?
  • brianpperkins
    Options
    Are you measuring it?

What are you talking about? I just told you i eat 5 to six meals a day a balanced meal. So like literally what are you saying or asking?
    HOW MANY CALORIES? I DIDN'T ASK HOW MANY MEALS ... IF IT WAS BALANCED ... YOUR ANSWERS FAIL TO PROVIDE BASIC INFORMATION.

• lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options
    Are you measuring it?

Yes, there is a point, because you need to know how much you're actually eating, not some hypothetical ideal of what you should be eating that you're not adhering to.
    Your goal of 1.5 lbs a week weight loss is far too large. First of all, you really don't need to lose any weight. If you want to do a body recomp, and you're in a cutting phase, you should have a much smaller deficit -- just a couple hundred calories a day, or enter .5 lbs as your weight loss goal. Second of all, you don't appear to have a lot of fat on you, and with a BMI barely over 25, that makes sense. If you create a deficit that large, your body won't be able to break down fat fast enough to keep up with your energy deficit, and it will have to break down lean body mass (e.g., muscle) to make up the difference.
  • brianpperkins
    Options
    Are you measuring it?

And I just told you. I log all the time just not on binges how can I log on a binge if I dont know how many calories are in the food?

So you don't log accurately (the calories of food you binge on is just as available as the calories from food in meals and planned snacks).

Open your diary. Until then, your answers make it impossible to assess what you've done.
  • KatieMusselwhite92113
    Options
    It takes up to 48 hours to fully digest food, but some of it enters your blood stream within minutes of eating it. When you have more in your bloodstream than you need, it starts to convert to fat. But why should you care if it is fat or something else? You're stuck with it either way.

Because i dont want to gain fat and mess up my progress. :(

Just what do you think you're going to be able to do to prevent it from turning into fat. And so what if it does? It can turn back into glucose when you need it.
    Really! So you mean i can burn this fat back off if it turn into glucose?
    What is your daily caloric goal? What is your weekly loss set at? How much did you eat for binge?

My weekly calorie goal i believe is 2,600 to 3,000 calories . My loss set is at 2,100 calories. I dont know how much i ate on my binge all i know is i ate cake drunk mountain dew ate a sausage and bread and some oatmeal and whole milk/almond milk and kashi go lean cereal. But i dont know how many calories in total! :( I'm really stressing right now and about to go insane! Because i'm struggling to remain in a deficit now.

Let's go to step one because "I believe" is not really an answer that is conducive to informed answers.

Weight
    Number of pounds you set MFP to lose each week
    Activity level outside of exercise

Age 18
    Height 5,7
    Weight 161
    Number of pounds set to lose 1.5 pound a week.
    Activity level i workout every day!
    Activities i do is. 1. Run/sprint 2. Jump rope 3. Calisthenics/weight lifting. 4. I take kickboxing classes. I pace/walk outside six hours every night.

SIX hours!? :open_mouth:
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    Are you measuring it?

Don't you know WHAT you ate? How much you ate? Like how many of each food? Find those products and log them. That way you have at least an estimation.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I concur. Make your diary public
  • taylorblade
    Options
    Are you measuring it?

HOW MANY CALORIES? I DIDN'T ASK HOW MANY MEALS ... IF IT WAS BALANCED ... YOUR ANSWERS FAIL TO PROVIDE BASIC INFORMATION.
    Omg! I eat 2,100 calories a day.
  • taylorblade
    Options
    It takes up to 48 hours to fully digest food, but some of it enters your blood stream within minutes of eating it. When you have more in your bloodstream than you need, it starts to convert to fat. But why should you care if it is fat or something else? You're stuck with it either way.

Just what do you think you're going to be able to do to prevent it from turning into fat. And so what if it does? It can turn back into glucose when you need it.
    What is your daily caloric goal? What is your weekly loss set at? How much did you eat for binge?

My weekly calorie goal i believe is 2,600 to 3,000 calories . My loss set is at 2,100 calories. I dont know how much i ate on my binge all i know is i ate cake drunk mountain dew ate a sausage and bread and some oatmeal and whole milk/almond milk and kashi go lean cereal. But i dont know how many calories in total! :( I'm really stressing right now and about to go insane! Because i'm struggling to remain in a deficit now.

Let's go to step one because "I believe" is not really an answer that is conducive to informed answers.

Weight
    Number of pounds you set MFP to lose each week
    Activity level outside of exercise

Age 18
    Height 5,7
    Weight 161
    Number of pounds set to lose 1.5 pound a week.
    Activity level i workout every day!
    Activities i do is. 1. Run/sprint 2. Jump rope 3. Calisthenics/weight lifting. 4. I take kickboxing classes. I pace/walk outside six hours every night.

SIX hours!? :open_mouth:

Yes! Six hours.
  • taylorblade
    Options
    Are you measuring it?

Yes, there is a point, because you need to know how much you're actually eating, not some hypothetical ideal of what you should be eating that you're not adhering to.
    Your goal of 1.5 lbs a week weight loss is far too large. First of all, you really don't need to lose any weight. If you want to do a body recomp, and you're in a cutting phase, you should have a much smaller deficit -- just a couple hundred calories a day, or enter .5 lbs as your weight loss goal. Second of all, you don't appear to have a lot of fat on you, and with a BMI barely over 25, that makes sense. If you create a deficit that large, your body won't be able to break down fat fast enough to keep up with your energy deficit, and it will have to break down lean body mass (e.g., muscle) to make up the difference.
    Well see I dont know my body fat percent either. :(
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I know this isn't your first thread stressing about your weight loss. I really think that you need help from a therapist, not people on a message board. I'm sorry you overate, but you need to find a way to move on from this without punishing yourself further. You also need to address your "hormonal imbalance" and face any issues that are leading to binges.

Good luck. Many people have overcome binge/eating disorders.

ETA: January 7

December 4

Thread closed by mods in October
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options

Well, yeah, that is how it works.
  • taylorblade
    Options
    Are you measuring it?

So you don't log accurately (the calories of food you binge on is just as available as the calories from food in meals and planned snacks).

Open your diary. Until then, your answers make it impossible to assess what you've done.

Alright i will tell you what i ate 1. Some yellow cake (generic brand) and mountain dew code red this morning 3 cups
    2. 2 eggs 4slices of bacon.
    3. Oatmeal and whole milk two cups and some more mountain dew code red and yellow cake.
    4. 1 whole roger wood sausage and two white bread.
    5. Oatmeal and whole milk again
    6. Kashi go lean mixed clusters and almond milk vanilla flavored.
    Thats it! There you happy!
  • taylorblade
    Options
    I know this isn't your first thread stressing about your weight loss. I really think that you need help from a therapist, not people on a message board. I'm sorry you overate, but you need to find a way to move on from this without punishing yourself further. You also need to address your "hormonal imbalance" and face any issues that are leading to binges.

Good luck. Many people have overcome binge/eating disorders.

ETA: January 7

December 4

Thread closed by mods in October

I do see a psychiatrist.