Lost 5lb on Nutrisystem, moving to Atkins

Options
Hey Friends

This is my experience so far, I started 217lb, followed Nutrisystem jumpstart, lost 5lbs in 8 days, now I had hunger attacks like CRAZYY on NS, I decided to move to Atkins, will start tomorrow, I will be on Phase 1, will eat Atkins frozen meals and snakes, any feedback about Atkins products?!

Now I have 22 lbs to lose, all I know is I will never give up, will do my best, failure is not an option!

Enjoy life
KG

Replies

• palwithme
    palwithme Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Good luck. Keep us updated.
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I have not tried any of the Atkins products aside from protein bars. I have found, personally, that weight loss is easier if I stick to my own cooking rather than prepackaged meals, but if this way works for you, good luck.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Just curious why you are going from a pre-packaged meal plan to another pre-packaged meal plan? I think you're changing the hunger attacks for carb cravings and an energy crash.

How about you use the MFP method? Set your goal to lose a pound a week (since you only have 22 pounds to lose that's an appropriate goal). Get a scale, learn to weigh your food and log accurately. Now you can control your food by finding what keeps you full and gives you energy while fitting treats in. It's also something you'll be able to keep up with when you get to your goal. Better to learn those habits now instead of relying on packaged meals and shakes.
  • usmcmp
    Options
    I have not tried any of the Atkins products aside from protein bars. I have found, personally, that weight loss is easier if I stick to my own cooking rather than prepackaged meals, but if this way works for you, good luck.

Same here! I learned to eat slightly smaller portions and lighter versions of the foods I normally ate. Made it easy to stick to and I can continue on for a long time with this method.
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »

Same here! I learned to eat slightly smaller portions and lighter versions of the foods I normally ate. Made it easy to stick to and I can continue on for a long time with this method.

Yep. And like you said, you get to weigh every ingredient instead of relying on prepackaged calorie counts.

But I can see how someone who hasn't done this before would find frozen meals alluring. I got fat on my own cooking, too!
  • usmcmp
    Options

Yep. And like you said, you get to weigh every ingredient instead of relying on prepackaged calorie counts.

But I can see how someone who hasn't done this before would find frozen meals alluring. I got fat on my own cooking, too!

I wanted to do Nutrisystem at first. A friend lost 50 pounds using it and it was pretty easy to follow. She gained most of it back unfortunately and then we joined this site and have had lasting success. Takes some extra work especially in the beginning, but now I can guess about what the calories of most things are.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I really can't imagine losing weight any other way than calorie counting. This has been an amazing experience. And I actually feel LESS guilty about eating the foods I want now, because I know exactly what's going in my mouth and know that I will lose weight still...or hey, maintain for a bit :)
  • toronto_j
    toronto_j Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Living off packaged food doesn't teach you good eating habits. What will you do when you get off those programs?
  • kamal_rk1
    Options
    palwithme wrote: »
    Good luck. Keep us updated.

Thank you so much!! I will
  • kamal_rk1
    Options

You are right! But I have a problem, when I eat regular food, I can't stop myself from eating more! I think I need to learn portions and calorie counting.
    Thank you so much for your reply
  • kamal_rk1
    Options
    Just curious why you are going from a pre-packaged meal plan to another pre-packaged meal plan? I think you're changing the hunger attacks for carb cravings and an energy crash.

How about you use the MFP method? Set your goal to lose a pound a week (since you only have 22 pounds to lose that's an appropriate goal). Get a scale, learn to weigh your food and log accurately. Now you can control your food by finding what keeps you full and gives you energy while fitting treats in. It's also something you'll be able to keep up with when you get to your goal. Better to learn those habits now instead of relying on packaged meals and shakes.[/quote

Hi there, thank you so much for your reply, you are 100% right and i will start really thinking about it!
    Have a great day