Fighting Cravings

Options
I have been trying to change my diet to eat cleaner. I start the day off pretty well but by dinner time I am craving fatty and sugary foods. I then, more often than not, cave to the temptation. How do you keep yourself from overeating? Especially in the evening after a long day.

Replies

• rgmooney66
    rgmooney66 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I've been making sure I have apples and oranges around all the time. My cravings aren't as bad as they were a couple of weeks ago. It's tough to fight they cravings but you can do it. YOU GOT THIS!!!!! Feel free to add me if you need a support buddy
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    sammib929 wrote: »
    I have been trying to change my diet to eat cleaner. I start the day off pretty well but by dinner time I am craving fatty and sugary foods. I then, more often than not, cave to the temptation. How do you keep yourself from overeating? Especially in the evening after a long day.

I doubled my calories from Fat and removed calories from Sugar and in a couple weeks my craving for sugar/carbs faded. Not eating after 5 PM works well in my case. Because I take my 20K units of Vit D3 in the evenings and I need to eat Fats at the time I just ate some walnuts tonight with a cup of green tea.

At 3:30 pm today I had 2 pieces of sausages, 3 pieces of bacon and 6 over easy eggs from Huddle House and 4 cups of coffee with a ton of cream. That is a low carb meal that will stick with me 12-18 hours without eating again so that gives me an Intermediate Fasting (IF) window to boot.

• sammiRy266
    sammiRy266 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    i have the same problem :/
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options

I had this issue when I first started. I know you have a little over 60 pounds to lose, but you might find that changing your goal to lose a pound a week will give you a calorie goal that is easier to stick to.

I found that filling in each meal with lean meat and fruits or vegetables kept me full most of the day. I added oatmeal with cinnamon in the afternoons to provide a bit of energy and tide me over for dinner. After dinner I plan a small treat. Like an individually wrapped piece of chocolate or some peanut butter and fruit. I also found that eating a carb source at the beginning of lunch then eating my meat and vegetables kept me from wanting something sweet right after I finish eating.

Planning a small treat that fits within your calories is usually a great way to satisfy the craving while keeping you on track.
  • boxdennis
    Options

I have had the exact same problem that you have time. The evenings are tough for me. So, I went ahead and spent a little extra money and bought protein bars. One is very filling and satisfying provide you everything you need. I also have to mention that all men are just great! Go online and you can eat 25 almonds and I believe it's 180 cal. Lastly, I save my calories for the evening.