Looking for moms of young kids to motivate each other

Options

Replies

• mrssarahl
    mrssarahl Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am a mom to a 4 and a 2 year old. After baby #2 I lost almost 60lbs and I managed to keep it off for a while. Over the past year I've slipped and put a bit back on. I'm looking to lose 10-15lbs; I'm just having a hard time staying motivated.
  • KHaverstick
    KHaverstick Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Mom of small kids here! I have a 5 year old and an almost 2 year old. It's a challenge, for sure. I lost 69lbs after having #1 (took me 2.5 years), and so far 31lbs after #2. I have about 8lbs left to go. Finding time to work out is definitely not easy for me, especially since my husband is on the road a lot. Feel free to add me as a friend if you want. :)
  • Katie_Y89
    Katie_Y89 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies!! New mom here, daughter is 6 weeks old and today is my check up to (hopefully) get the okay from my ob to start working out!! Have about 40-50 lbs to lose and want it OFF by June!! Not much time but down for the challenge. Feel free to add me if anyone would like to!! Ready to shed the weight and be a milf lol!!!
  • ChristinePearlFNP
    ChristinePearlFNP Posts: 72 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Wow, can't believe I found this thread! I am a mom to a now 10 1/2 month old baby girl and I gained a whopping 53 lbs with her...she was 9 lbs at 36+4
  • ChristinePearlFNP
    ChristinePearlFNP Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    It only put a few sentences of my post. Dang.
  • DaisyChain80
    DaisyChain80 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm a mum to 3 boys age 8,11&13........add me!
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    4 kids here. 12, 9, 17 months, and 7 months old. I'm at goal and am maintaining focusing on strength right now.
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm 37 and have a 4 year old and 2 year old. I've been on MFP for almost a year and I've lost all my baby weight. Now I'm working on the 40lbs I gained when I quit smoking 7 years ago. I've got about 40lbs to go. Feel free to add me if you like.
  • jtolman619
    jtolman619 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm almost 30, and I have two little girls (they'll be 3 and 1 in May). I lost the baby weight from my second pretty quickly, but I was a bit overweight to begin with. And I've been slacking lately and am now almost 10 pounds above my pre-pregnancy weight. So I have about 30lbs to lose. You can add me if you want! :)
  • Beci6046
    Options
    Morning. I have 10yr. old boy & 6 yr. old girl, loves of my life. When I was pregnant with my son I got over 260 pds. YIKES. Diabetic after his birth, Diabetic thru my daughters 9mo. and am still insulin dependent but that is all changing. I have made a commitment to myself and have lost almost 20# since 1/1/15 (currently weigh 194, been forever since I seen my weight in the hundreds). Goal is to be around 175-170 by MAY this year. I have found a new joy in Walking/Jogging. Good Luck Momma, we all can do this.
  • jazzine1
    jazzine1 Posts: 280 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I'm a single mom to a 5 yr old boy and a 4 yr old girl. :D I still havent lost my pregnancy weight. Need to lose 84 lbs to get to where I was before. Have lost 6 lbs so far since joining here in Jan. 2015 still have a very long way to go. My thing is the left over food my kids leave in their plates. Before my weight loss journey I would just eat it. Now, even if it pains me, I literally run to the garbage can and just dump it before I can get tempted. :'(
  • SJunczyk
    SJunczyk Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    jazzine1 wrote: »
    I'm a single mom to a 5 yr old boy and a 4 yr old girl. :D I still havent lost my pregnancy weight. Need to lose 84 lbs to get to where I was before. Have lost 6 lbs so far since joining here in Jan. 2015 still have a very long way to go. My thing is the left over food my kids leave in their plates. Before my weight loss journey I would just eat it. Now, even if it pains me, I literally run to the garbage can and just dump it before I can get tempted. :'(

I do the same with my kids meals and mine! I am bad at picking after dinner BUT I am changing that sneeky habit. I have to get rid of this weight.. I think if I aim for loosing 20lbs then I will be happier :)
  • sophomorelove
    sophomorelove Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 30 and my daughter is 2. I work a 6 am shift followed by full time classes during the week and my kiddo wakes me up before dawn on weekends. My husband works nights so I never have an opportunity to go to the gym or for a run. I haven't slept in in 2.5 years. Not once. It's good to know I'm not alone. We're all incredibly strong and can definitely take care of our weight if we set our minds to it.
  • lil_lawyer3
    lil_lawyer3 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    hi. I'm 25 and a mom of a 2 year old and a 5 month old. its so hard to motivate myself sometimes. i have found what works for me with the food is compost. i hate seeing food go to waste. so I've starting composting it. I don't eat the extra calories and we put it to use through the summer gardening. gardening also gets us out of the house and moving. i'm trying to find exercising things i can do with the kids. so far we just put music on and dance or walks. feel free to ad me if you want. im looking to loose
  • lil_lawyer3
    lil_lawyer3 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    i'm trying to loose about 40lbs
  • VailCat13
    VailCat13 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi! Mom of one precocious 20 month-old toddler. Trying to lose 15 lbs before my BIL's destination wedding in St. Thomas in March. Lost all of the baby weight, but was unhappy at the weight I was before I got pregnant (let's not talk about the 45 lbs I gained while pregnant). I also want to be at my ideal weight before trying to get preggers with #2. Got serious on Jan. 5 and have lost about 4 lbs so far. Gotta go and get that work out in before I pick the nugget up from daycare!
  • performfully
    performfully Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I have one just under 1.5. I gained 60 lbs on an entire bed rest (NOT counting what I lost instantly when she was born ;) ) and about 10 right before pregnancy. I have lost 40 so far! My wedding is in 3 months and hope to kick as much more as I can by then!
  • apmcglin
    apmcglin Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Add me. I have a 18 month old and i was happy pre baby weight but gained a heap post baby. Finding it hard to get exercise in around work and family
  • robinmanke
    robinmanke Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Add me! I have a 3, 5 and 7 year old and I have been able to lose 60 pounds so far! I have 50 pounds to go, but I am motivated to be bathing suit ready by June!
  • genitirado
    genitirado Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    How can i add?