For those with mobility issues...

Options
I just wanted to say, as someone who suffers from a lot of mobility issues, you can do it. I know it's painful, and I know it's frustrating, but with enough patience and exploration you can become more physically active. I used to be really into physical activity and I was an avid hiker and weight lifter but as my disease progressed, the pain intensified and I lost more mobility. I went through a long phase of depression over my lost hobbies but now I have realized there is so much more out there. I have took up gentle yoga, swimming, and low impact cycling (to quench my adventurous need). I know it's not the same, but any amount of physical activity is beneficial because it allows you to connect with your body especially when you are having mobility issues. You can do this. Good luck friends <3

Replies

• Train4Foodz
    Train4Foodz Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Hey there,
    I have great respect for the determination you have and obvious strive to keep improving on your health, even through limited mobility you are obviously incredibly motivated and I know that with the attitude you have you will do awesome and inspire others to do the same!!

Wishing you complete success!!

Adam
  • MrsKila
    MrsKila Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Adam2k10 wrote: »
    Hey there,
    I have great respect for the determination you have and obvious strive to keep improving on your health, even through limited mobility you are obviously incredibly motivated and I know that with the attitude you have you will do awesome and inspire others to do the same!!

Wishing you complete success!!

Adam
    Ditto!
  • redgem7
    Options
    Thank you for your words, I too have limited mobility and it gets so frustrating!
  • LuckyMe2017
    LuckyMe2017 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Fyi-there is a guy who goes to one of the recreation centers I visit who lost over 100 pounds in a year using the arm cycling machine. I think everyone can find something that works for them.
    Thanks for the post. Successes are inspiring!