coffee protein shake

Options
miahraglin
miahraglin Posts: 10 Member
If you are like me and want to wean yourself off Starbuck's Vanilla or Hazelnut Latte try this as an alternative

Ingredients:

1cup Folgers Gourmet Caramel Drizzle Coffee

1/2 cup fat-free milk

1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder

1. Brew coffee. Place 1/2 cup of coffee in mug, add 1/2 cup of fat-free milk, stir. Add 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder. Stir and add remaining coffee and stir.

Delicious!

Replies

• apothecarist
    apothecarist Posts: 193
    Options
    Nice! thanks for posting this.
  • agirlscamaro
    agirlscamaro Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I am going to have to try this. I'm getting a little paranoid about drinking my protein shakes at work with my blender bottle and this would certainly help. I drink it first thing after work out so the milk wouldn't be out for long
  • ronrstaats
    ronrstaats Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I do something like this every day. Just depends on my mood as to what flavor I use.

I use a magic bullet to blend it so it is well blended and frothy. :smile:
  • bestmeicanbe84
    bestmeicanbe84 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I do something like this using unflavored whey protein, coffee, creamer and splenda and I drink it chilled since I can't bare to drink hot drinks when it's hot out.
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing this, i usually do this whenever i have a morning shake
    i mix with chocolate flavor, that way you get the mocha latter type flavor,

if i really want that "rich sweet" i will add a packet of stevia, and about 1-2 tsp of vanilla extract
  • khaki33
    khaki33 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Perfect, was reading about whey protein powder yesterday and wondering if I can mix coffee, I gotta have my cream and splenda or its not coffee! Lol:)
  • Sycoholic
    Sycoholic Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    My wife and I alternate doing this between unflavored and chocolate whey. Syntha6 gives about the best chocolate flavor in coffee. Make sure you add the protein to the coffee after you've cooled it with milk first. Heat does bad things to protein.
  • WVmom24
    WVmom24 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Mmmm so simple yet sounds so good! Thanks for posting, I'll definitely try this but I think I'll use my hazelnut Millstone coffee. :)