Losing weight after 50? Please add me.

Options
Hi everyone, I've been down this road a time or two, only to find myself right back to needing/wanting to lose 25. This time however, I'm in my 50's, and life has had many changes in the last few years. I'm an upbeat person most of the time, but find weight loss to be very challenging! Oh, If only to eat the way I'd like to, and remain thin. :#

Replies

• NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Good luck...MFP helped me a lot...
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Just take one day at a time and make small changes at first and you will do fine!
  • foreverjustme
    Options
    Hi julziepal. I' in the same boat you are. Over 50 and having a hard time losing the weight. Lost 40 last year only to gain 20 of it back. Suppose that is better than gaining it all back though. If you are looking for someone to talk to who understands your struggles drop me a line. Maybe we can be each other's support.
  • Mama1716
    Mama1716 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat! I even went to have blood tests because eating the way I used to when dieting even ten years ago, no longer works! LOL the doctor sadly confirmed I need less calories:( so I read a lot about the changes and a contributing factor is stress - so I will also try to relax more (have taken up playing music again) and going for more walks. I feel like now is the time as it will not get any easier!!! Chin up soldiers:(
  • Bookbuyer2015
    Bookbuyer2015 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'd be glad to add you. Weight loss seems so much harder at our age, and I could use the support, too. :)
  • ColleenZ101
    Options
    Same here - a bit disheartening when what has been helpful in the past has no impact now! Ugh!!