How Many Calories in Large Pork Spare Ribs?

Options
Hi, I ate 4 large pork spare ribs. According to Nutrition.data.self, that is like 1,600 calories, but that doesn't seem possible. Does anyone have any reliable information on how many calories are in large spare ribs that isn't from a user-generated data website? Thanks in advance.

Replies

• CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    It all depends on how much they weigh, what you put on them if anything, and how they were cooked as well. but it most likely will be 1200 or more calories.also depends on if they were lean ribs or had some fat on them.4 large spare pork spare ribs are not going to be the same amount of calories every time which is why weighing food comes in handy if possible. The info I looked up was different every time I checked.so no real way to tell without weighing them(also if they had the bone in them the weight doesnt count the bone,so if you weigh meat you weigh it with the bone and then weigh after you eat the meat off it and subtract the difference.)
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    ​This is the closest I could find and how I would log it if I could not weigh it.

Search for non-asterisked item, in this case "Pork - fresh, loin, country-style ribs"
    Do not choose the lean only entry to be on the safe side.
    Check the provided serving sizes for reference, assuming refuse includes bone:
    - 1 piece, cooked, excluding refuse (yield from 1 lb raw meat with refuse) = 790 Cal which equals 2.83 servings of 3 oz. = 8.49 oz.
    Assume I ate 4 servings of 3 oz. = 12 oz. = 1115 Cals and log that.
    Log any type of barbeque or seasonings separately.

lggkrfvdua1s.jpg
  • chezzac17
    chezzac17 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    fatasfack wrote: »
    Hi, I ate 4 large pork spare ribs. According to Nutrition.data.self, that is like 1,600 calories, but that doesn't seem possible. Does anyone have any reliable information on how many calories are in large spare ribs that isn't from a user-generated data website? Thanks in advance.

still don't get what the calories are so high when these ribs don't have much meat?
  • Raptor2763
    Raptor2763 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    a great deal of calories are in the sauce or spices used