Fast Weight Lose and Loose Skin

Options
Since February last year i've lost 5 stone-70 pounds, three of which have been since September. I've done this fairly steadily losing about 2-2.5 pounds a week and by getting enough nutrition... and as yet I don't have any sign of loose skin.

However, the last couple of weeks i've completely lost my appetite and can comfortably loose about 3-4 pounds a week. I don't think much of it is muscle loss, as i lift weights and eat relatively high protein.

I've only got about another 2 stone left to loose, what do you think the consequences of speeding it up would be? Given that i'm still young 19 y/o.. do you reckon my skin will bounce back alright?

Replies

• Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    It's all about the genetics
  • JackPudding
    JackPudding Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Is there anyway to know your genetics?
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    You're very young, and you're tightening up, you're likely to not have this problem.

Having a lot of stretch marks would suggest your skin doesn't adapt well (and having fewer suggests the opposite).

Losing 3-4 pounds a week is worrisome though.
  • JackPudding
    Options
    ah no! I have loads of stretch marks! I was about 7 stone over weight when i first started, loosing...
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    Most people have at least some stretch marks, it's normal. Most people who lose weight (and some who don't) can expect stretch marks. Also young people like you, who are still growing, have stretch marks, also normal.

You're really young, your skin is likely to be strong and resilient. You've lost 5 stone and have no loose skin, so don't worry!
  • JackPudding
    Options
    m
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Your skin is bouncing back all right. Congratulations! I hope you get your appetite back soon.
  • JackPudding
    Options
    ^ Hahaa, thanks! I don't, it really takes the discipline out of weight loss!
  • tigerloss
    tigerloss Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Cool man, great going. Inspired .