Feel awful

Options
feel off the "healthy eating / diet" wagon yesterday ..I ate chocolate / crisips and biscuits ..feel awful today need some motivation to get on track again and advice to be able to resist temptation (was doing really well ..nearly 4 weeks without a blip) now I just feel like throwing the towel in ..made the mistake of weighing myself this morning after yesterday's antics and I've gained a pound !!! I could cry ! Help !!!!

Replies

• jontucc
    jontucc Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Don't give up. Tomorrow is a new day, try not to dwell on this. Do you workout? Can you go for a nice long walk? This might help you feel a bit better. Don't let this be the reason you stop trying. All the best.
  • krystalblue1980
    krystalblue1980 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Iv had few days like this, blooming hard work, I feel hungry. Craving foods I can't have, my calories don't seam to be going far, but I'm feeling better for excersing and losing what I have, trying to think of today as a new day
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    I doubt you ate 3,500 calories over your maintenance; don't worry! Weight fluctuates due to water retention, waste still inside you, and through the food you can eat, just to name a few examples. I can "gain" up to five pounds in a day sometimes.

Fit those into your intake; there's no need to eat "healthy" all the time, and never have what you like. I always fit in an iced caramel coffee into my intake, and I was recently fitting Oreos into my daily intake too. You can fit chocolate and chips into your intake too.
  • tbilly20
    tbilly20 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    If weight loss was easy, none of us would be here! Don't think of it as a failure. It will only make success even sweeter.

On days that I need to start over, I remind myself that I am proud to have strength to start again. That is a victory! Find a small win, and let it build to something bigger!
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Time to lose the all or nothing attitude. So you ate chocolate worse things could have happened. Weight will fluctuate for many reasons. You didn't gain a lb overnight.

I eat ice cream, cookies, cupcakes or something else almost every night and I've lost over 120 lbs, because I fit them into my day. When you get overly restrictive it makes this harder. There will also be days you go over your calories, you log it and move on. One day doesn't make or break your success unless you give you. But the choice is yours.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    You're doing it wrong. Accept that you are human, don't restrict too much, thats's not healthy! And allow for treats. If one splurge threatens to throw you off your plan, it's not sustainable. And start weighing every day, then you'll se that you may occasionally "gain a pound" even it you are in a deficit.
  • ShyGirl1978sm
    ShyGirl1978sm Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up! This weight loss malarkey is tough and not every day will be a "great" day. Use how you feel in a positive way if you can....so you had some biscuits and chocolate, make yourself do a bit of exercise, to help counter it. Not only should you not feel as guilty, the exercise might even make you feel better too. Sorry, I hope I'm not being preachy, I've just had many a "biscuit/chocolate" day and I'm trying to embrace this new way of thinking too :smile: Good luck!
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    You're doin' it wrong.

This is why we don't eliminate foods.

Keep chocolate, crisps, biscuits, <whatever> - keep 'em in the regular rotation. If you're gonna eat 'em anyway ... why not keep them in a managed, controlled, weighed and portioned manner?

Designating "bad" foods and eliminating them is pure folly and this is why.

You're doin' it wrong.
  • cinnamon0033
    cinnamon0033 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Yup so your human. We all go through this. Stop beating yourself up because you indulged once in four wks. I guarantee this will not be the last blip on your road. Learn to work those calories for something yummy in every once in a while and if it doesn't fit and you eat anyway on occasion its not the end of anything. I have been at this a long time now and have realized I cant beat myself up over the small things I just keep on keeping on.
  • higgins8283801
    higgins8283801 Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    It's not good to have the mentality that there are bad foods. You shouldn't feel guilty about anything you eat.

You're in this for life, right? You will have moments where you will overeat. It happens.

Just log them, and carry on. Feeling guilty about food is a vicious road to be going down.
  • r5d5
    r5d5 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    ^ as said above, moderation! You can have the chocolate, but in small, reasonable portions to fit within your calorie limit.
    That said, lots of people find certain foods trigger them to overeat...

Either way, one bad day, even one bad week, is not a bad journey!!! You can do this! Just try to recommit to your goals and plans today. You can't redo yesterday, but you have complete control over today :)
    Best of luck to you!
  • size12girl2015
    Options
    Thanks everyone !! Lots of great advice ! But yes ..I need to revaluate my "diet" I drew a line under that day stop stressing bout it and moved on ! I will do this ! Thanks again
  • SwankyTomato
    SwankyTomato Posts: 442 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    If you ate all of that in "healthy food" would it make you feel different? Maybe?

The minute I give something up, I start binging. It is weird.

This time around instead of "giving up" foods, I am taking the approach to add it to my calorie count for the day. So far it is a far better strategy for me.

Now can I eat/drink better? Sure. I am doing this at my own pace because I want to be successful.

That being said, I am on a "potato chip" break. I have not given them up but at the moment I tell myself I am on "break". It is one of my trigger foods and I can eat a whole LARGE bag in one day.