vegetarian school lunch?!

Options
i have to buy lunch at school, but im not sure which foods are the best for me.

i really dont want to go over 400 for lunch

so anyone have ideas for what to eat?

Replies

• blueberrybox
    Options
    i have to buy lunch at school, but im not sure which foods are the best for me.

i really dont want to go over 400 for lunch

so anyone have ideas for what to eat?

• Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Are salads available? Or maybe ask for a sandwich without meat. I am not sure what is available to you for school lunch that you are buying.
    Good luck:tongue:
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Deli meat is not high in calories it's what else you put on your sandwich. try to keep the sandwich simple. Also soup is a good choice too. Salads are god but be careful of the dressing. Hope this helps:happy:

Adrienne
  • Helawat
    Helawat Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Deli meat is not high in calories it's what else you put on your sandwich. try to keep the sandwich simple. Also soup is a good choice too. Salads are god but be careful of the dressing. Hope this helps:happy:

Adrienne

Keep in mind that it depends on the deli meat. Genoa Salami will have more calories than lean turkey.

Just throwing that out there :heart:
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    do they have soups ?
    make sure to ask if its made with vegetable broth and not chicken or beef broth, and try to stay clear of the creamy stuff, better for the calories.

if not i would go with a salad, but try to add protein or fiber so you stay full longer, like cheese or wholemeal bread.

may
  • blueberrybox
    Options
    thanks!

i tried the salad one with ketchup instead of normal dressing and it was only 100 calories

i also had some orange juice

that wasn't much, so im gonna have a bigger dinner
    :drinker:
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Are you a vegetarian? If so you really can't go wrong with a salad so long as you focus on spinach, and romaine lettuce as opposed to iceburg (which basically has next to no nutritional value for humans), some tofu cubes, and either light italian, vinegar and oil, or a vinagrette. If they have sunflower seeds you can LIGHTLY add some.. the fat will make it more filling.

If you're not, a sandwich isn't so bad so long as you don't go overboard with meat. Cheese on the otherhand can way up there calorie wise :(