Ladies, where did you see your weight come off from first?

Options
I have lost 10 pounds. I wasnt sure if I was imagining this because I refused to weigh myself for awhile. I noticed the top portion of my bra loosening up and the thighs in my jeans. I thought it was all in my head till I weighed myself.

I was wondering where people tend to lose weight at first. I was hoping to lose it in my belly but I can tell by how my jeans fit that hasnt started happening yet.

I am adding a light work out to my diet starting this week. I was only doing calories first. I want to take steps in order to assure I do this right.....its my first real weight loss plan.

Replies

• top_mom
    top_mom Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    congrats on the 10lb loss!! I noticed first my shoes were loose.. weird I know, but true!
  • shanahtehya
    shanahtehya Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I think its pretty generalized, I notice it around my hips and belly the most though, my clothes are fitting so much better even after only 8 pound.
  • cinnamon0033
    cinnamon0033 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    When I started this life change just over a year ago I began noticing a difference in my legs first and then in my face. My belly is taking the longest.
  • ChronicOptimist
    ChronicOptimist Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Definitely my upper body - waist, bra line, etc. My @$$ will likely be here for eternity. :smile:
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    My body just takes and takes and takes from my chest and upper body, before it even decides on dealing with the 44 inch hips. It eventually caught up but I'm really hoping not to lose anymore fat on top :(
  • hannydeee
    hannydeee Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    My weight loss always seems to start at my shoulders and work its way down. Everybody is different though!
  • ahokay89
    ahokay89 Posts: 353
    Options
    Umm...my chin/face?! Lol
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    My face, then my boobs, then my back fat... I'm waiting for the rest of my body to catch up. Lol!!
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    I'm sure that it was all over. I didn't take measurements and the eyes aren't always accurate. I first started noticing it in my arms. I thought my arms had gotten fat prior to that and was probably one of the last things to get really big. My thighs were always fat and still look big at my lowest weight, but I'm sure they are smaller and it's just hard to tell with looking at them for me.
  • ourtruelovewillneverdie
    Options
    My waist and upper body. My butt and thighs are always the last to go.
  • janecolaes
    janecolaes Posts: 1
    edited January 2015
    Options
    You first lose fat on your chin, face and chest! It also depends on what work out excercises you're doing :D
  • LandyBreigh
    LandyBreigh Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    My boobs are always the first to go. I've lost and gained through the years and I have bras ranging in sizes from 36B to 42DD. I'm looking forward to getting back into my pretty bras. :)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    janecolaes wrote: »
    You first lose fat on your chin, face and chest! It also depends on what work out excercises you're doing :D

Speak for yourself.

Also, your exercises don't have anything to do with where the fat comes off first. You cannot spot reduce.
  • JillyCornwall
    JillyCornwall Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    My face, then my boobs, then my back fat... I'm waiting for the rest of my body to catch up. Lol!!

Ditto
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    I think it sort of depends on what body type you've got - apple, pear, etc., and where your body holds on to its fat.

For me, I have the so-called apple body type, so the majority of my weight is in my abdomen. When I started to lose, it came off of my face, neck, hands, feet. Then the calves, some off the arms, chest. Then some off the thighs - in other words, everywhere BUT the waist.

At this point, I think most of what's left is all sitting right on the stomach area, because everything else has leaned out.
  • BeTheChange352
    BeTheChange352 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    definitely my stomach and legs and then my chest.
  • palwithme
    palwithme Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I have lost 4 inches off my chest and only 1 on my abs :s Definitely not what I want. I noticed it in my arms first though.
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options
    I lost first in my butt and hips, then thighs and face. Now it has started to come off my belly as well, but I still have 40 lbs to go, and plenty of belly to lose before it's flat again.
  • lawlifehanna
    lawlifehanna Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I don't know where I picked this up and how universally true this is, but it's true for me: the first place you lose from is the last place you gained in, and the last place you'll lose anything is the place you first gained. I've lost weight in the past, but I've never lost anything from my boobs (which have been growing continuously since I was 12).

On this final round, I've lost 11 lbs. I don't see it in the mirror, but I take measurements around belly button, butt and hips. I've lost exactly 4.8 % of both waist (belly button) and butt, but less than 2% from my hips. I haven't measured my thighs but they're the only thing that actually feels different. My inner thighs aren't as "tight" as they were, and the skin is sort of loose now. It's a good thing, because it means they're no longer as packed with fat as they used to be. Also, maybe this will get me closer to where all of my jeans no longer rip there because of my thighs rubbing together.
  • cheshirecatastrophe
    cheshirecatastrophe Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    I lose first in my thighs and arms.

And second, and third, and...