Quick Explanation

Options

Replies

• funchords
    funchords Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    You're being abused by some of the usual thoughtlessness in this group.
    I'm training muay thai 3x week (90m) hard trainings

That's why you're not losing -- your workouts are effective and you're retaining some water for muscle repair/building. It'll pass and you'll see the fat loss. Just keep doing what you're doing -- give it time.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    funchords wrote: »

That's why you're not losing -- your workouts are effective and you're retaining some water for muscle repair/building. It'll pass and you'll see the fat loss. Just keep doing what you're doing -- give it time.

He's also not losing because he's most likely over-eating. If his assumed intake doesn't even match his logged intake, he cannot accurately say that he is eating 1000 calories on average. And if he's working out THIS intensely, then he would not be able to sustain his lifestyle eating so little.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options

That doesn't excuse inaccurate logging
  • ana3067
    Options
    lexbubbles wrote: »
    ana3067 wrote: »
    I added everything everyday. I believe i've entered, complete the entry everyday aswell, what do you mean by logging properly?
    I'll check if i havent in a min.

Oh, okay, cool sorry. So you ate negative 800 calories, totally believable. You went two days eating only 50 calories, oh cool.

FYI, those graphs show the net calories on the app. So if you ate 859 and exercised 800, it would indeed show 59.

Yes, I realize that. Which means that he only grossed 59 calories.
  • desgadelhado
    desgadelhado Posts: 21
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Here is my daily intake fully detailed.
    I'm not trying to fool myself or anyone, i'm trying to understand the reason why its happening.
    Thanks for the explanation Susie.
    Funchords, so it means i still have the weight but retained in water?

Again, im not trying to fool anyone, and i have registered everything properly, im just asking for advice.
  • desgadelhado
    edited January 2015
    Options
    nlx5wkaquee6.png
    gya58g7d2ae0.png
    v4re70eijend.png
    d5wrkool6gd3.png
    0yntq5or38od.png
    bji9vr2ih8z1.png
    1p76mkzes7m4.png
    4tc544ijy452.png
    tiwzql6dj0kx.png
    wndqs64qjmxj.png
    ulyfzvp804sd.png
    3dfwtx58of6q.png
    mqv1y1x21fqg.png
    Sorry about the language, the meals are in portuguese! ahah :D
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    lexbubbles wrote: »
    I added everything everyday. I believe i've entered, complete the entry everyday aswell, what do you mean by logging properly?
    I'll check if i havent in a min.

Oh, okay, cool sorry. So you ate negative 800 calories, totally believable. You went two days eating only 50 calories, oh cool.

FYI, those graphs show the net calories on the app. So if you ate 859 and exercised 800, it would indeed show 59.
    It IS net, but that's beside the point. If you exercised and only ended up with net, then that's what's important.
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    Here is my daily intake fully detailed.
    I'm not trying to fool myself or anyone, i'm trying to understand the reason why its happening.
    Thanks for the explanation Susie.
    Funchords, so it means i still have the weight but retained in water?

Again, im not trying to fool anyone, and i have registered everything properly, im just asking for advice.
    Open you diary, please.
  • malibu927
    Options
    You have the option of opening your diary to the public. That's actually much easier than screencapping each day.

As stated, you are eating more than you think. You have two days with only 400/600 calories logged, it looks like you're using homemade entries out of the database, you aren't using a food scale. Without tightening your logging and eating at an appropriate deficit, you won't be seeing much success.
  • SLLRunner
    edited January 2015
    Options

No.

I can't believe you think he's being abused. That's plain weird.
  • desgadelhado
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    You have the option of opening your diary to the public. That's actually much easier than screencapping each day.

As stated, you are eating more than you think. You have two days with only 400/600 calories logged, it looks like you're using homemade entries out of the database, you aren't using a food scale. Without tightening your logging and eating at an appropriate deficit, you won't be seeing much success.

I did eat that amount, i even upped the dosage on brocolli because it was giving me the warning i wasnt eating enough

• ana3067
    Options

2nd. Also on the first image, his macros only add up to 1042 calories, not hte logged 1200ish. So not only is the goal too aggressive and you are using generic recipes instead of your own and not weighing food, you are using entries that are incorrect.
  • desgadelhado
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Open you diary, please.
    [/quote]

My diary is now public. Ddint know it was possible, thanks.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/desgadelhado
  • desgadelhado
    Options

2nd. Also on the first image, his macros only add up to 1042 calories, not hte logged 1200ish. So not only is the goal too aggressive and you are using generic recipes instead of your own and not weighing food, you are using entries that are incorrect.

Ana, the goal may be agressive, but i like it that way. I know on the long term i will gain some of the weight i lost but when i reach my goal, ill adapt the intake and increase it.

• ana3067
    Options

Ana, the goal may be agressive, but i like it that way. I know on the long term i will gain some of the weight i lost but when i reach my goal, ill adapt the intake and increase it.
    And you will probably be unable to sustain this for much longer, plus if you are actually under-eating regularly then you are causing yourself actual health problems. Good job.

In the long term you are setting yourself up for yo-yo weight loss, have fun with that.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    When these fine people tell you your goal is too aggressive, they aren't telling you that you will reach your goal faster. If you are not eating enough, all your work will be for nothing. Your strength will just...give out partway through your workout. Your body will pirate the protein and calories it needs from your own muscles.

You have to log everything and you need a higher MINIMUM calorie goal.
  • malibu927
    Options

Even if you were eating what you say you are, that would be unsustainable. You wouldn't be able to work out due to fatigue, your muscles would start eating away, you'd start losing your hair. This is why 1500 calories is the recommended minimum for men to consume so as to make sure you are nourishing your body.

Read these threads: community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
    community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1234699/logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide
  • ana3067
    Options
    Incorrect logging.
    Caseiro - Salada De Atum Com Feijão Frade. This cannot have 0g of carbs, fat, and protein.
    Quick-add calories are only suitable if you are unable to log, e.g. going to a party and estimating. Even then I estimate with entries in the database (my private database) unless its' items I'm unfamiliar with.
    Not weighing or even measuring.
    Inconsistent intake and never meeting your calorie goal.
  • desgadelhado
    Options

And you will probably be unable to sustain this for much longer, plus if you are actually under-eating regularly then you are causing yourself actual health problems. Good job.

In the long term you are setting yourself up for yo-yo weight loss, have fun with that.

Im eating whenever im hungry, im not restraining myself much, i eat soup or a tuna can or an orange when im hungry.
    Id like to ask is, what easy and quick good snacks should i eat? Especially during the night
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options

What abuse? All I see are people trying to explain and help him.

I can see others are trying to explain the usual things, but OP its only 2 weeks. Your methods dont seem that accurate and weight loss doesnt go down in a straight line. It could be water weight it might not be, but that can mean up to 4lbs a day in fluctuations. Its quite easily within the realms of possibility that fluctuation+eating more than you think(is he weighing?)+overestimating burns(Is he eating back and using MFP burns?).