No sugar, no grain?

Armanthewolf
Armanthewolf Posts: 4 Member
edited January 2015 in Food and Nutrition
I recently heard about this through a friend. Has anyone on here tried it? If so, what were the results. I am hesitant to try it on the off chance that it is just another one of those fad diets. Regardless, I am most interested to get feed back from you guys on this.

Replies

• DeWoSa
    DeWoSa Posts: 496 Member
    It's a fad diet. Most people on here find weight loss success through eating everything in moderation. Count calories and you will lose weight.

Some people have eliminated refined sugar and / or grains for medical reasons or because of eating disorders.

Sugar -- specifically the demonization of sugar - is a very touchy subject here on MFP so don't be surprised if a flame war starts.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,152 Member
    It falls into the category that includes, bullsh!t baffles brains.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,059 Member
    You don't need to cut out or reduce any food groups to lose weight, unless you have a medical reason for doing so (like a gluten alergy, diabetes, Celiac's, or lactose intolerance, for instance).

All a fad. All you need is a calorie deficit and exercise.
  • miriamtob
    miriamtob Posts: 436 Member
    I've cut those things out of my diet and am losing weight without much exercise and never hungry. My skin cleared up within a week of eating that way and energy is better, no more brain fog. There are so many wonderful resources for recipes if you chose to give up grains and sugar.
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    It's a low carb diet in disguise -- which is cool and it'll work for most people -- but you'd be able to achieve the same results just limiting those things if that was your preference. I personally eat a low carb diet but I much prefer the IIFYM approach instead a list of things I can or can't eat.