New PBF Results - Before and After

Options
As promised, my in-body results.

I asked them to get me the very first in-body test back in June of 2013.

Link: http://1drv.ms/1urQxhT

Some things to note:

1) My weight at the time was not 220# (it was above 210). However, I took the winter off and by March of 2014 my weight ballooned to 220#. I am hoping the doctor has a weight check that is closer to that number when I go in for my physical in February. I will also have the PT club dig up my highest weighing in-body test – I know there’s one around 217#. My scale in early March (which runs congruent to the PT facility) said 220#. That was the day I said "that's it, to hell with this life" and started the journey.

2) From the original June 2013 test - my PBF was in the 30-40% range. My muscle mass was less that what I have now.

3) I have lost ~18% body fat since then to my current level. No loss of muscle (in fact, gained and much stronger on all weight training exercises). This can only mean that I have GAINED muscle while losing weight, and that all the weight loss was fat.

In 2013, I was eating a 1200-1500 calorie diet that would include one can of Coke and a sugary treat like a cookie, plus simple carbs like regular potatoes and white rice. Even pasta.

I changed my diet in 2014 to avoid all refined sugar, simple carbs, and processed foods. I eat raw foods (or freshly prepared cooked foods) only, all complex carbs - and I am eating MORE in calories than I was in 2013 - and my exercise level in 2013 was intense (estimates being 600-1000 calories burned per workout – 4x/week). I was eating a 2500 calorie diet on a 1600 calorie BMR - and the intensity of my workouts early last year were nowhere near to what they are now. The fat still came off.

This all suggests one thing - that macro-processed foods, simple carbs, and refined sugar is indeed the problem with people age 40 and over. I highly advise anyone in my age bracket to seriously consider eliminating that type of food. I advise anyone below the age of 40 to seriously consider reducing your simple carb, processed foods and refined sugar intake so that you don’t end up where I was by age 42.

I hope this helps those who are really wanting to cut the fat, the real weight, to reduce their risks for Type II Diabetes, and to make their lives better in the long run.

TY for reading.

Link: http://1drv.ms/1urQxhT

Replies

• McCloud33
    McCloud33 Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Congrats, but there are a lot of people on here who have lost the same or more weight and have not cut out any type of food. I'd say that includes most of the most successful people on here. So I'm going to keep losing weight, reducing my risk of diabetes and making my life better by eating whatever fits my macros and is under my calorie goal - including 'processed' food and 'refined' sugar. Still, kudos to you for improving your health.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!