Chronic Illness

Options
2»

Replies

• sallylou88
    Options
    Just reading back over the thread, a lot of us are lucky just to be alive. It's amazing to hear everyone's stories and how you cope, thanks so much to everyone who has replied, it's comforting to know I'm not alone with SLE :) xxx
  • Sammieamfa
    Options
    For me, losing weight and living a healthy lifestyle is my way of controlling the things that I can control and getting strong enough to survive the things that are out of my control.

Wow you have explained me to a tee. Being able to do weight control seems to be the only thing I can do. It's all so painful to do anything. Like someone else has said, "every pound I gain feels like another nail in the coffin. I'm scared to go off it as I know it would be a downward spiral but also trying to stay relaxed about it so the bulimia doesn't return.

I'm on 17 tablets a day plus morphine and I've got to the point where nothing helps anymore and the Drs don't know what else to do with me.
  • kcd1961
    kcd1961 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Hi @sallylou88‌ - I've had ME/CFS for 25 years, and it's only been the last 2 years I've had some consistent success with weight loss. Frankly it's hard, and that's for a bloke with a decent calorie allowance. My advice, be patient with yourself, learn as much as you can about what works in terms of both the pattern of eating and the content - for you.