i need help!

Options
I don't know what to do. I am 5,3 and 174 pounds. there's some people that are telling me I need to burn more calories then I eat in order to lose weight and then there are people telling me I need to eat 1,500-1,700 calories a day if im burning 500 calories im really confused and don't know what to do./:

Replies

• missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    The calories the website tells you to eat per day has your deficit built in.

You should net that amount or close to that amount per day after exercise. You do not need to burn 1,500 to 1,700 per day.
  • krysmuree
    krysmuree Posts: 326 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    The calories the website tells you to eat per day has your deficit built in.

You should net that amount or close to that amount per day after exercise. You do not need to burn 1,500 to 1,700 per day.

Quoted for truth. You definitely don't need to burn as much as you eat - you just need to eat less calories than you have been prior to joining in order to lose. MFP does this for you by basing it on your stats and your activity level.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Follow MFP's recommendation, as it already has the deficit built in. Weigh and measure everything and you'll lose.