Recipe instructions help

Options
SeaStarRI
SeaStarRI Posts: 20 Member
When I type in my own recipe, how do I put the instuctions in? I can only figure out how to put the number of servings and list the ingredients. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Replies

• ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    I don't believe you can
  • Smart_Beautiful_and_Strong
    Options
    You can only put in recipe name, ingredients and number of servings,
  • SeaStarRI
    SeaStarRI Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm. You'd think they could add a place for that. Some recipes are complicated and need directions. Well, thanks. At least I know it's not something I haven't figured out yet. Other than this one problem, I'm loving MyFitnessPal! And I'm losing weight and satisfied with my meals and snacks. Life's good! LOL
  • jchuck5612
    jchuck5612 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This would be an easy and common sense addition for MyFitnessPal. I have started using the app/site as my recipie box because I use it for calories and fitness tracking already.
  • MaryCS62
    MaryCS62 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it would be nice. Some of my recipes, it's common sense how to make them, because I've been doing them so long. Others, if I copied the URL & started that way, it will bring you to the original website, so instructions are there. Otherwise, it's a guessing game.
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    What you could do is create a blog post for yourself with the instructions etc. Then just use the recipe section for calorie count. Also, I think that if you write the blog post first and then import that post with the URL it will let you link from the recipe builder to the post for instructions.
  • Gidzmo
    Gidzmo Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Amitysk, are you suggesting that the OP put the recipe in the blog, then post the link?