Falling off the Wagon

Options
I had a skinful of alcohol last night & I tried my best to stay on track today but I have been starving all day resisting but tonight have picked at rubbish!! I'm drawing a line & re starting tomorrow but I feel disappointed now!!

Replies

• MorganMoreaux
    MorganMoreaux Posts: 691 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Lol I'm going off the wagon tonight too lol. I'll worry about the bad food choices I made tonight, tomorrow lol. I don't drink so I'm not hungover, but after the week I had, I just want to indulge in junk food.

One day of food debauchery is not going to blow the diet :wink: Enjoy and savor your 'rubbish'!
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    Please don't be so hard on yourself. It happens to everyone. Some days you fall off the wagon. Some days you fall off and then get run over. And then there are the days you fall off, get run over and dragged for a couple miles. Regardless, the next day you're back on top of the wagon. There's always another day to do better! :smiley:
  • Ooci
    Ooci Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    So true. It doesn't matter at all! Just draw a line under and pick yourself up again. If you have 50 days like this across the year you will still lose in all probability if you are tight on the other days - I have anyway.
  • CA_Underdog
    CA_Underdog Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Psychgrrl wrote: »
    Please don't be so hard on yourself. It happens to everyone.
    +1. The negative feelings can be more debilitating than the extra calories. Pick yourself up and do better tomorrow. A dozen bad days are insignificant in the course of a year.
  • kellylowe82
    kellylowe82 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys!! Today is a new day!!!! :)
  • keefmac
    keefmac Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I try and plan it so my hangovers are at work, less chance to eat rubbish/ snack all day.

But a day off the wagon now and again won't do any harm..
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    We don't "fall" off the wagon as if it were an unintentional accident. We purposely and willfully jump off with full intention.

The first step is honesty.

The next is accountability.