count "everything "????

Options
After struggling for about the last year I'm back with a vengeance! I've got my goal calories at 1200 and I have been counting everything!!!!! Including my vitamins and I've been taking Metamucil 1-3 times a day. Am I going overboard counting these things also or if I really want to see success keep doing what I'm doing?!

Replies

• Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    Count everything. It matters. :smile:
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    Nope i dont think so, i count everything also my vitamins.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    What's the point in tracking things that don't contain calories? If you are tracking them because you need to monitor certain micros, go ahead. Otherwise just track what actually contributes to weight management.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    I count anything with calories.
  • BWBTrish
    Options
    Indeed i track them because i need to know how much micros my body get.
  • BWBTrish
    Options
    btw i also take fish oil ( 20 calories) And i use to take fiber and calcium/magnesium and that had calories too.
    48801 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    chart everything;-)
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I count my vitamins, because I track calcium and iron.
  • latinplayachick
    latinplayachick Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I count my fiber supplements and my omega vitamins as they both have calories.
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I track everything because I've gotten in the habit of tracking everything and it's good (at least for me) to build those habits. Here's a question for you, OP....why 1200 calories?
  • CariJean64
    CariJean64 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    And why the Metamucil so often?
  • JuliesZenpuppy7400
    JuliesZenpuppy7400 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    1200 cals because after being less than 10 pounds from my goal I'm now 50 pounds from my goal. Just felt like I needed to be strict with myself. And the Metamucuil is partly because I'm on meds that cause constipation and my body had a habit of holding on to "things". Also, I have a problem with being overly hungry all the time even after eating recently so hoping it will help me feel fuller.
  • vsavoy12
    vsavoy12 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    for me, logging/counting supplements even with no calories helps me remember to take them. it all matters because it's going into your body, even if it doesn't directly apply to weight management, now you have the ability to look back and see what you were putting into your body for what time period and what helps/doesn't help.

also yes, fiber will help you feel fuller but make sure you are drinking PLENTY of water..sometimes your stomach will tell you you're hungry when really you are just thirsty. when i feel hungry, i always try to drink 8 oz of water before i eat, unless i know it is time to eat. listen to your body though, maybe 1200 calories isn't enough. i went through this recently, and it was really hard to take that risk and up my calories but i went up to 1500 at the beginning of this week and have lost 2 lbs since!
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Gotcha - how is your fiber and protein intake? Are you working out or living an active lifestyle? Just wanted to (in a high overview) mention that really you just need to work off more calories than you take in (so to speak). So please don't feel the need to starve or deprive yourself.

Anyway, I don't want to get too personal or get too in depth. I know when I was super hungry after I had eaten, it had some things to do with the types of food I ate. I found that the more nutrient-rich foods I ate, the better I felt and the fuller I felt as well. I'm going to try to keep in mind that your medication may also have adverse effects including increased appetite. Whatever it is, good luck to you OP :)
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    CariJean64 wrote: »

I used to have to take between 6-9 tsp of metamucil a day to stay regular :o OP don't forget to count the calories from the Metamucil, it's not very low calorie
  • diegops1
    diegops1 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I count everything. For me a little cheating on my reporting would be like a little cheating on my wife. Not a good idea.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    CariJean64 wrote: »

I used to have to take between 6-9 tsp of metamucil a day to stay regular :o OP don't forget to count the calories from the Metamucil, it's not very low calorie

I also used to have to take it regularly to poop properly, ironically this was when I was an avid "clean eater" lol.
  • Aslnash2013
    Aslnash2013 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    What is OP? I'm a little slow.
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    If it has calories, I track it. So I don't track dt mt dew, tea and water. I once had someone pm me because she was concerned I wasn't drinking any water. lol
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    What is OP? I'm a little slow.

OP== Original poster. Usually the person who starts the thread