Help, can't keep with the program :(

Options
2»

Replies

• brightresolve
    brightresolve Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Oh and beg pardon, on second read several folks above were wondering if 1200 was too aggressive. Slow and sustainable wins!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    m36lizardi wrote: »
    Thank you. Today I ate 400+ calories more than my goal of 1,200. And lost 1 lb. Could I possibly be eating too little? Maybe I should up my goal for now to 1,300? We'll see.
    If you aren't losing as fast as expected, you aren't eating too little. That's not how weightloss works, weightloss is logical, it works by physics - the less you eat, the faster you lose. But you also have a body, and that becomes hungry if you don't feed it enough, and a mind, and that becomes tired if you have to say no all the time, so it says yes, too, sometimes, or often, even if you decided to only say no. Weightloss doesn't show up on the scale from day to day, either. It takes weeks of consistent behavior to see a real trend. Day to day fluctuations is noise. Weightloss is slow. Weightloss can't happen fast if you have little to lose. Even if MFP sorta "promised" 2 pounds per week, you can't lose that fast if you don't have enough fat on you. Set your weekly goal to no more than 1% of your bodyweight. That will give you a calorie target that is easier to stick to, as well as more realistic expectations.