Hold on to your butt!!!

Options
Ok so the more weight I lose the more my butt seems to disappear ... Any tips on to keep curves while loosing weight ? Lifting ? I'm not sure but please help its shrinking!!! :'(

Replies

• JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options
    Proper squats, deadlifts
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Squats. My butt is actually bigger/ rounder than when I first started losing weight! It was totally flat, even at my highest weight.
  • kegglemax
    Options
    yes do squats and leg press... whenever i work out my legs and i do weighted squats + leg press my glutes are always sore the next day aka progress
  • Markguns
    Markguns Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    SQUATS, STAIR-MILL, DEAD LIFTS -- it will still shrink, women tend to hold fat in their legs, & butt. Men in their midsection/waist. That's just biology. Working the muscles of your gluteous maximums will help offset it. ;)
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I'm with ya sista! I'm starting pilates next week and will also be doing a lot of squats and lunges :s hmmmmmm fun times ahead lol
  • twhaley1990
    twhaley1990 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Markguns wrote: »
    SQUATS, STAIR-MILL, DEAD LIFTS -- it will still shrink, women tend to hold fat in their legs, & butt. Men in their midsection/waist. That's just biology. Working the muscles of your gluteous maximums will help offset it. ;)

Agreed. Squats get all the glory, but deadlifts also lead to great results. Also the stairmill is a good way to work on your booty as well as get cardio in.
  • ebyla85
    ebyla85 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    T
    Markguns wrote: »

thanks !!!! So do I use all of these with weights ? I'm still new to weights how do you build muscle in that area ? And thanks everyone else for replying !!!
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    I do plenty of squats, lunges, and dead lifts, and my butt is flat....just like many of the ladies in my family have. Some of it's genetics.
  • mymodernbabylon
    mymodernbabylon Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Stronglifts or Starting Strength are two good weight lifting programmes that will help (not only with your bum but also give you lovely arms, tummy, etc).
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Am I wrong in thinking a deadlift is just a way to do a weighted squat?
  • seanie1965
    seanie1965 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    haha - that question is a sure fire way to start a fight in a weights room. IMHO if a single deadlift is different in that you can just put the bar down. If you do multiple reps then it is a difference that makes no difference
  • ebyla85
    Options
    seanie1965 wrote: »
    haha - that question is a sure fire way to start a fight in a weights room. IMHO if a single deadlift is different in that you can just put the bar down. If you do multiple reps then it is a difference that makes no difference

Ok that makes sinces so I should be able to do the same rep after first , second , third reps ?
  • ebyla85
    Options
    Sense
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Am I wrong in thinking a deadlift is just a way to do a weighted squat?

Love your perspective, and I think you are dead on. :D
  • YennieMEOW
    YennieMEOW Posts: 3
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Lots of glutes activation exercises- X band, monster walk, hip thrust.. Etc prior to varies squats and lunges with weights. Make sure you are eating/drinking enough protein (0.75g~1g per lb of body weight) to promote muscle growth.. :D
  • ebyla85
    Options
    YennieMEOW wrote: »
    Lots of glutes activation exercises- X band, monster walk, hip thrust.. Etc prior to varies squats and lunges with weights. Make sure you are eating/drinking enough protein (0.75g~1g per lb of body weight) to promote muscle growth.. :D

Thanks !
  • vickierivero1
    vickierivero1 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Glad I ran across this post! If I lose anymore of my booty then I am just going to upset. I have been doing squats and hip thrusts. I just dont want my things to be huge,
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Glad I ran across this post! If I lose anymore of my booty then I am just going to upset. I have been doing squats and hip thrusts. I just dont want my things to be huge,
    @vickierivero1‌ are the squats helping?
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    I try to do 20-30 squats when I go to the bathroom. Eh only female at work. So I gotz the bathroom to myself.
  • Phoenix_Down
    Phoenix_Down Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I did a good structured lifting routine with weightlifting, squats and deadlifts, etc when in weight loss. Inevitably, I lost a little booty but then I bulked/recomped and BOOM got booty back. There is a genetics factor to it but some form of resistance training is your best bet to retaining.