pregnancy fatigue

Shannoncore
Shannoncore Posts: 135
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
i am 8 weeks pregnant and i am sooo tired. i work eat and sleep. everybody keeps telling me it would be easier if i worked out atleast a little but when i try i get very sick start shaking and vomiting. does anybody know how to combat this and get back some energy?

Replies

• MissKim
    MissKim Posts: 2,853 Member
    I am right there with you, I am 16 weeks pregnant. I gave up working out my first trimester because of how I felt. I also gained way too much weight. I am just now getting on track and trying to do some walking everyday. Just remember that it can be something small. Like taking a ten minute walk twice a day. You don't have to exhaust yourself. The little things will add up too!

Congrats on the pregnancy! Keep in touch with me! Is this your first?
  • baggins706
    baggins706 Posts: 310
    Don't bother try to work out, you're building a whole person so being tired is common. Take it easy and wait until you are in your 2nd Trimester to try to get a workout in ( your energy comes back around then). Please talk with you OB/GYN before you try any fitness routine. Congrats!:flowerforyou:
  • baggins706
    baggins706 Posts: 310
    And the same goes for you missy! Congrats :flowerforyou:
    I am right there with you, I am 16 weeks pregnant. I gave up working out my first trimester because of how I felt. I also gained way too much weight. I am just now getting on track and trying to do some walking everyday. Just remember that it can be something small. Like taking a ten minute walk twice a day. You don't have to exhaust yourself. The little things will add up too!

Congrats on the pregnancy! Keep in touch with me! Is this your first?
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Unfortunately some women do not have much energy the first trimester. Your body is working really hard to make the baby and it's taking everything from you. Just try to rest as much as possible. ((hugs))
  • pojo30
    pojo30 Posts: 62
    With both my girls, I didn't work out because I was so tired. I went for short walks and that helped. Wait until you get out of your 1st trimester. Things get a lot better. Watermelon and peeled apples for the morning sickness. My midwife swears by them and so does everybody I have recommened it to in the past:)
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    i am 8 weeks pregnant and i am sooo tired. i work eat and sleep. everybody keeps telling me it would be easier if i worked out atleast a little but when i try i get very sick start shaking and vomiting. does anybody know how to combat this and get back some energy?

Pregnancy is such a massive change, it's no wonder you feel tired! All very well for others to tell you it would be easier if you worked out, they're not the ones preggers!

Perhaps you should take note of what you own body is telling you, maybe it wants you to rest, hence why, when you try exercising you start being sick and get shaky!

It may only be for the first three months that you feel like this, so it's not that long to wait and if it continues and your doctor says you and the baby are healthy as can be, personally, I would just do walking for my exercise and gets lots of rest.

Walking in the fresh air may be all the exercise you need :wink:
  • Shannoncore
    Shannoncore Posts: 135
    thanks for all the support and advice!!!!
This discussion has been closed.