Reached goal: 50+kg (110+ lbs) down ...

Options
CeddysMum
CeddysMum Posts: 101 Member
edited January 2015 in Success Stories
... in 22 months and 11 days!

YAYAYAYAYAY!!!! LOL

If anyone had told me 23 months ago that I'd ever get rid of all that 'excess me' again, I'd have declared them crazy!!! ...

And then, looking for something completely different, I *accidentally stumbled* over a phone app (and website) called MyFitnessPal (MFP) and thought it can't hurt to try

OMG, I cannot believe how much that decision has changed my life in less than 2 years!!!

*Thank You* soooo very much, MyFitnessPal, for providing the free tools ...

,,, and ***THANK YOU***, my MFP friends (you know who you are!) for your unwavering, loving and caring support throughout the many Ups and Downs of this journey!!! I could NOT have done this without you!!! XXX

Here are pics of my journey:

The "before" with starting weight of 118.2 kg (ca 260.5 lbs) ... pic taken a week into my journey ...
- I felt fat, so unhappy, sad, depressed and resigned without any confidence :'( UGH!!!

Before2013-03-28001-1.jpg

6 months down and half way mark reached ...
- I already felt sooo much better and there was a shimmer of hope that I could actually make it all the way this time :)

2013-09-22-001-forupload-1-1.jpg

1 year MFP -> 40 kg ( ca. 88 lbs) down and creeping ever closer to healthy BMI :smiley:
- now I *knew* I could make it all the way, I was already very happy with what I had achieved, confidence was coming back. :blush:

20140315_145735-1.jpg

Then from July 2014 from November 2014 I had a slump ... I had things happen in my life that triggered my depression/anxiety disorder big time and I found myself unable to lose any more weight. However, with the incredibly wonderful support of my MFP friends, at least I managed to basically maintain and not regain.

Come November 2014 and some 'switch flipped' and suddenly I managed to get back on track ... in Dec 2014 I realised I now fitted into one leg of my "fat jeans" (some of you might have seen this already :smile: )

Progress%202014-12-23.jpg

And finally, yesterday, 24 Jan 2015, my weigh-in day, I've *** officially reached goal *** of getting under 68 kg (= under ca 150 lbs)

So here it is, my official "Ultimate Goal Pic" - WooHooooooo!!! :smiley:

2015-01-25%2015.50.14.jpg

... and now on to the next challenge: Transitioning to maintenance ...

Replies

• deviousme7
    deviousme7 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    WOW!
  • cowleyl
    cowleyl Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, my fellow Aussie and friend. You are an inspiration to me. You look fantabulous! xoxoxoxo
  • isa474
    isa474 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I am so proud of you that is amazing and commendable. Keep up the great work
  • sue284
    sue284 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You look incredible Astrid .. well done! So, so proud of you :smiley:
  • AngelMarie38
    Options
    Great job, be proud of all your hard work!!!
  • christiec2015
    Options
    Gosh, you look like amazing - like a completely different woman! :o You look so much happier! Fantastic results!!
  • BadgerLamb236
    BadgerLamb236 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Respect, what an achievement - there is hope for me yet! Agree you look like a different woman, much younger and so vibrant. Such a great result.
  • Kiwi_lass
    Kiwi_lass Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You look incredible. I hope you feel incredible too!
  • nikitad123
    nikitad123 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    You look A-MAZING!!!!! Such an inspiration!
  • georgiaTRIs
    georgiaTRIs Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. So proud to be your friend
  • acmanna
    acmanna Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Wow just amazing!
  • sbrookes9
    sbrookes9 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Incredible! You should be proud. (*)
  • shanrennbing
    shanrennbing Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • Izzwoz
    Izzwoz Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Well done, you! You'll manage maintenance no problem, just keep on doing what you are doing! :D
  • SparklyPinkMom
    SparklyPinkMom Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Wow - completely amazing!!!! And so inspiring!
  • Ijustdecided
    Ijustdecided Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Well done - you look and am sure feel amazing x
    -
  • Skyz4dayz
    Skyz4dayz Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous! Congrats on all your hard work!!!
  • CeddysMum
    CeddysMum Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much <3:D:D:D
  • abelcat1
    abelcat1 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Love that!!! Congratulations. And thank you for posting. I allways look to the succes-stories to inspire me to keep going. Yippi ki yeah for you :D
  • LisaMae61
    Options
    Your story inspires me. Thank you for sharing.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!