5 pounds gone

Options
lost 5 pounds but hardly any inches I hope that changes soon. week 1 down and I guess I can consider it a success.

Replies

• Jagerin
    Jagerin Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm 21lbs down and I haven't lost a single inch from any of the places MFP measures. I have, however, lost inches in other places and my pants fit just a little better. My success isn't the numbers. My success is how I feel. I know everyone is different though and measures their success differently.

It's great you're down your first 5. Keep it going. Try not to let unmoving numbers get you down. It will come eventually. Your body will lose weight and inches it's own way and from the places it wants to.
  • CyeRyn
    CyeRyn Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    It takes more than a week to see results typically. I think the saying goes that it takes 4 weeks for you to notice, 8 weeks for those closest to you to notice, and 12 weeks + for everyone else. I could be wrong in that, but either way don't give up. Keep going!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Great start, congratulations. Patience is key, as it's going to take a lot longer than a week.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about inches. It'll happen, but fat builds up in different places on different people. Weight gives you a better overall picture.