Chocolate Lovers?

Options
What are some good ways I can eat my chocolate without hating myself?

Replies

• Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Why would you hate yourself for eating chocolate?
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Why on earth would you hate yourself?

Buy a chocolate bar, make sure it fits your calorie and macro goals, open it, eat it.

Don't demonize food.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    Eat the chocolate you love in peace. Don't be hating yourself for eating delicious chocolate. Just make it fit into your daily calories and that's it. ENJOY IT WITHOUT THE HATE!! :smile:
  • imabeevampire
    imabeevampire Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    eat it! Personally im going 30 days without just to prove to myself I can and im not ''addicted'' but as soon as thats done il quite happily have a chocolate bar or biscuit and just incorporate it into my daily calories :)
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    I have a piece of chocolate every day. Most of the candy companies have packages with individually wrapped pieces 40-60 calories each approximately. Work it into your calorie allotment every day. No need for any guilt. It is all about moderation and sustainability.
  • emilee974
    emilee974 Posts: 265 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I eat chocolate everyday... Don't have to hate yourself for this :)
  • cingle87
    cingle87 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Not hating yourself for eating a certain food type can only come from you, don't label foods good and bad eat what you want as long as it fits
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I eat a little chocolate a couple times a week. My trick (because of my personal weaknesses) is to buy small amounts at a time and then take out my portion and hand the rest to my teenagers LOL. It works for me.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Just eat it. I have chocolate every day. Chocolate milk, caffe mochas, chocolate squares, chocolate KashI bar, etc.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Work it into your calories
  • trina1049
    trina1049 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I eat dark chocolate every day, one or two squares of Lindt 85% or 90% cocoa. On days that I don't have enough calories to eat the Lindt then I have two squares of unsweetened cocoa with 1 tablespoon of almond butter. Don't deprive yourself of everything or you'll end up going off your goal. Just fit it in to your calorie allowance.
  • torizia
    torizia Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I have chocolate twice a day - I just make sure everything else about my diet is good, and the chocolate is my treat. If I didn't get to have chocolate (either a hot chocolate or a small bar - circa 110-120 calories) then I wouldn't last a week...instead this is a lifestyle that I can maintain :)
  • Revonue
    Revonue Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Work on your mental relationship with food. The foods you eat should not determine how you feel about yourself.
  • BioQueen
    BioQueen Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    For breakfast I have a VegaOne protein shake with almond milk, a banana, and the powder (chocolate). It's like I'm eating a banana chocolate milkshake but its really good for you and only ~365 calories which is around what I like my breakfast to be at. But I get a whole chocolate shake every morning and I don't feel deprived :)
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    I'm going to choose to assume that you meant "without hating myself" as hyperbole and not literally. If it was literal, yes, please seek some help for that.

I'm a fellow chocolate lover and I have some basically every day. What I've done is allowed myself to become a chocolate snob. I buy only the best quality chocolate I can get my hands on -- heck, I can afford it, 'cause I'm eating it so slowly. One square of a really, really good chocolate bar is maybe 50-60 calories, and I just plan that into my day. It makes me feel more satisfied than an entire cheap candy bar used to.

Buy high cocoa percentage dark chocolate: It's both healthier and tastes more satisfying. Lindt and such is fine for supermarket chocolate if that's what's available. Sooner or later, you may want to "graduate" from Lindt to the better stuff -- here are some examples.

Quality over quantity, that's my motto.
  • DeWoSa
    DeWoSa Posts: 496 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options

Understanding how calories work is the first step towards developing a relationship towards food that allows you to eat all types of food without feeling guilty or bad.

Here's a link to an awesome post: Calorie Counting 101.

Here's a link to another awesome post: A Guide To Get You Started on Your Path to Sexypants

Once you know what your TDEE is and you start accurately counting calories, you will see how very easy it is to fit what you want to eat into your day.
  • trina1049
    Options
    Hi, Segacs. Thanks for the chocolate info. I'll look into it. Sounds yummy.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    OdesAngel wrote: »
    Why would you hate yourself for eating chocolate?
    This~I eat chocolate daily!
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options

Understanding how calories work is the first step towards developing a relationship towards food that allows you to eat all types of food without feeling guilty or bad.

Here's a link to another awesome post: A Guide To Get You Started on Your Path to Sexypants

Once you know what your TDEE is and you start accurately counting calories, you will see how very easy it is to fit what you want to eat into your day.

This! I eat chocolate, candy, ice cream, etc daily. As long as it fits in my goals, I'm good, and sometimes, I will allow myself to go over if it's something particularly special.

For example, my friend is the best baker, she made a flourless chocolate cake for an event I was working, and I knew it was going to be out of my goals, but it's not something I can get regularly, so I asked her for a small piece, and enjoyed every bite.

The next day, I just cut my calorie consumption by a 100 or so calories, to kind of make up for it.

Remember that this is something you are striving to maintain for life.
  • trina1049
    Options
    jdhcm2006 wrote: »

This! I eat chocolate, candy, ice cream, etc daily. As long as it fits in my goals, I'm good, and sometimes, I will allow myself to go over if it's something particularly special.

For example, my friend is the best baker, she made a flourless chocolate cake for an event I was working, and I knew it was going to be out of my goals, but it's not something I can get regularly, so I asked her for a small piece, and enjoyed every bite.

The next day, I just cut my calorie consumption by a 100 or so calories, to kind of make up for it.

Remember that this is something you are striving to maintain for life.

These people are giving excellent advice! Everyone should read the links.