Sweetaholic needing friends to lose 100+

Options
Hi! I just joined myfitnesspal today, though I have been on my weight loss journey since January 1, 2015 (this year). I'm 34 years old and weight a whooping 314.4 lbs. My goal is to get to 140 lbs.

That's 175lbs I need to lose. I'm hoping to reach my goal in 2-3 years. So I need some friends that are in it for the long haul.

I already stopped eating fast food and drinking soda on Jan. 1. And I stopped eating sweets (which is painful) on Jan 5. My calories have dropped drastically, because sweets were my main food group. lol I know, terrible. So I struggle with cravings every day. But I'm determined and looking for support and people who I can support too.

Willpower is the best (even if it's a struggle). For me, I'm a person who has to cut cold turkey otherwise it won't happen. I don't like salty things, so I don't worry too much about chips and other stuff since I don't eat it.

So that's me. Want to be friends?

Replies

• Bradley_J84
    Bradley_J84 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    yeah, add me. I am looking up to lose between 100-135
  • angel388
    angel388 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Added you.
  • bm1409
    bm1409 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    I added you as a friend. Sweets and carbs are my downfall. Cold turkey is about the only way I can do it to.
  • nyghtrain
    Options
    Bradley_J84 - Added! Yay! Another long haul.

angel388 - Accepted! Looking forward to seeing our success. :D
  • cch200
    cch200 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Love to help ya !!
  • nyghtrain
    Options
    cch200 - Thanks! I accepted! I could use all the help I can get. :)
  • MistyRose0424
    MistyRose0424 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hello there I'm not new here been here for a little over a year. I've still got over sixty some pounds to lose as I started at 320 lbs. I'm also a sweets junkie lol it is my down fall, I'm getting back to it after the holidays it was bad!!!! lol but I'm in it for the long haul too. You can add me as a friend if you like :)
  • nyghtrain
    Options
    MistyRose0424 - Added! It's so great to meet someone who was in the same situation as me and is already so far into their goal.
  • Frostisall
    Options
    Add me
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    I would be happy to be a friend. I used to struggle with sugar and starchy carbs, but I've learned how to manage them through a balanced diet.
  • KKBr4D
    KKBr4D Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be doing this for a while too! Plz feel free to add me.
  • mkultrando
    mkultrando Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm basically addicted to sugar... Feel free to add me, it would be a pleasure :)
  • joycejentges
    joycejentges Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am addicted to sugar as well. I do have over 100 lbs to lose. I have been having some major problems with my stomach: gastritis, so I have been forced to cut out soda, green tea, alcohol and popcorn. Feel free to add me too.
  • Heatherkw2014
    Heatherkw2014 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I added you. I've got 80lbs to lose but I haven't been able to quit the sweets or soda yet.
  • perikate
    Options
    I'm a total SALT addict (mmm... cheese), so I understand food addictions and have added you as a friend!

Technically, I have close to 100 lbs to lose, but am aiming for less since I'm 6' tall (to be in the BMI normal range, I should be about 180, but I'm going with 200 as a goal). When I was a kid, they told me I should be 155 because it was 5 lbs per inch over 5'. SO RIDICULOUS! Ugh. Anyway, let's motivate!
  • zoelina
    zoelina Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    added you... looking for support also..i'm such a carb junkie and a yoyoer!! f I log I seem to stay in track but the weekends are hard
  • deannacalkins
    Options
    Lets be friends! We can do this!!
  • chrisfugier830
    Options
    I just started a few days ago with fitness pal , though my girlfriend and have been going to the gym about 3 months now. I have over 100 lbs. to lose...I started at about 316 and I am now 311 lbs. Carbs are my weakness so this app really helps. I am getting close to fifty years old and I don't get this under control, my health could really turn for the worse. So I would really like any help I could get. Add me , if you would like.
  • Bigumbum1
    Bigumbum1 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Add me, I just rejoined last week after nearly two years of 're-gain'
  • joycejentges
    joycejentges Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Chris, I understand. I am just shy of 300 lbs. every time I go to the doctor a new health problem crops up. Need to make some serious changes.