Trying to get started

Options
Goal is to get to 215 lbs. and basically get a little healthier. Starting with reduced calories and cardio. Plan to add resistance training shortly.

Replies

• Bigumbum1
    Bigumbum1 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Add me as a friend if you like. I just started last Monday (eek first weigh in tomorrow)!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    You've got this!
  • Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I started out at 280, Now 210
    6'2" 45
    Currently training for a 100 mile bicycle race.
    Add me if you want a brutally honest friend who will call bs on the bs. I have learned a ton on my journey and willing to pass what I can along.
  • Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    You've got this!

you gots to many friends already. Lmao
  • BABetter1
    BABetter1 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I joined MFP a few years ago. Lost a lot of weight (about 45 pounds), got frustrated when I plateaued for 6 months, and took a "couple of weeks off" which turned into a year or two where I regained all the weight I had lost and then some. :-( I restarted in july watching my calorie intake and added in a supplement and lost about 20 pounds before I had a freak ankle twisting accident in late november that resulted in me spending a lot of time on my rear these last few months and regaining 10 pounds. I finally feel better (not 100%), and have just started this week logging calories again, taking my favorite supplements, and walking 30 minutes most days. That's a lot of info, but want you to know who you might be friending (someone who has had some ups and downs).