Exercise while traveling?

Options
Anyone have any ideas or routines in terms of exercise they do while out of town in hotels?

I use the fitness center as much as possible, however, some are lacking this/adequate machines.

Are there routines that can be done in your hotel room with limited accessories?

Replies

• 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    YouTube is not bad. I do Zumba workouts. Also pack a couple of resistance bands.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    I walk upstairs and down and just walk as much as I can.
    Doing this, I always manage to either maintain or just gain 1-3 pounds and it's just water cause it's usually gone in a couple of days.
  • Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I have yet to stay in a hotel equipped with a gym that doesn't have a. Bike, treadmill and elliptical. It might not be what you do back home but they are proven aerobic workouts. Make due with what you have at hand because at the end of the day how you get your aerobic workout is far less important then making sure you get a aerobic workout. As far as lifting..... Same applies, Most have some form of multi machine and dumbbells. No you are not gonna get your normal workout done but you can still move some heavy stuff around.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Most hotels have gyms. Additionally, get out and site see, as walking is great exercise.
  • southernwonder
    Options
    Thanks for the thoughts everyone!

I travel roughly 6 months out of the year, to mostly smaller towns that don't have some of the bigger name hotels or national gym chains there. I usually find a recreation park with a running track and get in a run in that case.

I was just seeing if anyone had something that worked for them.
  • MarciBkonTrk
    MarciBkonTrk Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    If there is a gym I will use whatever equipment that they have but usually I set out on foot and walk. I also do weight training using my own body weight...push ups, planking, yoga.
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    When you are a member of Planet Fitness they have a good plan that allows you to use their gyms in most States.
    I thought 24Fitness has something like that too.
  • LessthanKris
    LessthanKris Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I have not used them but a program I do uses resistance bands as an option instead of weights. They would be really easy to travel with and I have heard they
    work.
  • spzjlb
    spzjlb Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I do the New York Times' "7 Minute Workout" three times through (and I modify the workout a bit so it's past 8 min in duration). Therefore, I'm getting in a good 25 min at least. Google it, and there is also a great little app with a times that makes it easy.

I also have a nice travel yoga mat and do free online videos from "DoYogaWithMe" that I stream in my iPad or laptop.

Last time I travelled, I had a suite, so I had room to do some Jillian Michaels' workouts that I streamed on my laptop.