30 Day Shred?

Options
Has anyone tried the Jillian Michaels 30 Day shred DVD? If you have, have you had any success? I just tried two days ago.

Replies

• jodielarms
    jodielarms Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm currently working on it. I use the free videos on YouTube. Between that and tracking and logging for about 3 weeks I have lost 6 pounds. I don't know my inches lost current because I'm waiting to reach the end to check. It all depends on how much effort you put into it.
  • ashleydanib
    ashleydanib Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Also when entering this excercise on your log, what do you use? I tried interval training but nothing came up.
  • Chandler330
    Chandler330 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Most people on MFP enter it in as circuit training :smile:
  • Quuenb18
    Quuenb18 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have lost 7lbs in 3 days doing the 30 day shred I don't know how many inches but I know I have lost inches b/c my clothes fit a lot looser!!! It's great!!
  • ashleydanib
    ashleydanib Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. (: has anyone tried the Biggest Loser Cardio Max dvd?
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I've done it twice completely and now just mix it with other dvds. I found it very effective for fitness and strength. It not only strengthend my core, but also my leg and knee muscles, so I had less trouble with my knees during running.

My burns with my HRM
    Level 1 - 120cals
    Level 2 - 150cals
    Level 3 - 160-180cals
  • terrie_k
    terrie_k Posts: 406 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I'm almost done level 2 and the only results I have received are sore knees. Level 1 was ok but 2 has been killing my knees with all the jumping. I have lost maybe 1 lb and not many inches. I have read other results that have had people lose more inches in level 3 so I'm hoping it goes better.
    I'm also generally using higher weights than they are.
    I also track as curves circuit training.
  • wendyd1973
    wendyd1973 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I also just started. I am day #6. I have noticed my endurance level has really increased in that short time. Also noticing my muscles are popping a little. :smiley:
  • skeen090
    skeen090 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    My progress picture on here is from doing 30 Day Shred as my regular workout. I do 5 days/week - I do level 2 for 10 days and then switch to level 3 for 10 days and just go back and forth that way. My first two times doing the 30 Day Shred, I lost about 8 lbs on average every 30 days. I definitely recommend it. Slimmed my tummy down quite a bit.
  • PacoMczimmer
    PacoMczimmer Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am just wrapping up level 1. I like it a lot but haven't lost pounds, really.. But I have lost inches so that's okay for really just a few days. And profile my stomach has slimmed down a lot.

I think I've found it in MFP under cardio > 30 day shred.
  • terrie_k
    terrie_k Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Skeen090 - When did you see results? I just finished level 2 and haven't lost a pound. With TDEE calculations, I figure I should lose .5-1 lb depending on how I ate that week. I was reading for some inspiration and found some that have only lost in level 3 so I am hoping for that. I have lost maybe .5' here and there.
  • oncem0re
    oncem0re Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    My progress body shot on my profile is the result from the 30 Days Shred with Jillian Michaels. I just like her style - we did the Level 1 and Level 2 for 2 weeks, we are now doing the Fat Blast that's 55 minutes long for 2 weeks now too and has been great. I lost 10 lbs in 3 weeks, but that's including sticking to my calories deficit and 6 days a week workout. Hope this helps!
  • GaugeGale
    GaugeGale Posts: 7 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I used this workout for over a year and half from October 2012 to mid 2014 as I find it works so well and really keeps you in shape. I stopped doing it last April as I was 3 months pregnant and decided to just take a break and keep my regular walking routine. I had my daughter Nov 17th and decided to dig out Jillian again in January. I started level 1 Jan 12th and decided to take pics this time around for motivation but I didn't take pics until Jan 22, I took another yesterday exactly 2 weeks later. I think I notice a difference in the last 2 weeks.

img]https://us.v-cdn.net/5021879/uploads/editor/fb/zhi7530jbc2d.jpg[/img]
    kcv3m1p6yq7s.jpg
  • shelbywilkerson319
    Options
    if you do the shred, should you also do cardio 5 days a week?