down zero lbs zero inches!

Options
I have not missed one day of P90x3 unless it is a rest day. I also run 2-3 miles in the same day. I'm eating clean with alot of protein. I have also been juicing with weight loss whey protein right after a hard workout. I've lost nothing and coming up on my first 30 day block with P90...I have a heart rate monitor and average 2800 calls burned in a day with my workouts and average 1300-1500 steps daily..... What is wrong here?

Replies

• TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    A quick peek at your diary - it looks like you're not weighing your food on a scale.

The lack of a food scale combined with your lack of results, tells me that it's most likely due to eating more than you think.

Get a food scale, weigh everything. You'll be surprised, I promise.
  • ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Is your food journal public? Maybe water retention, you seem to do a lot. Or not eating enough. Juice has a TON of calories.
  • Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    You eat to much.

All of that workout stuff is awesome but none of it is going to make you lose a single pound of fat if you do not eat at a deficit
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    wlady I had to lose the carbs and replace them with good fats. I bet your health has improved even if you did not lose anything.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    You only have a couple of weeks logged. It takes longer, be patient.
  • ogmomma2012
    Options
    I don't understand, you said you're juicing but the past 4-5 days I haven't seen anything about juicing. And Friday you didn't log at all. I don't know WTF you're doing saying you burn 2800 calories 5x's a week, and your journal shows less than 1000 calories consumed on all but one day I looked at. Either you are not logging correctly (which I hope is true) or you have an eating disorder.
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Weigh your food. You are eating more than you think.
  • maxit
    maxit Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Even with a heart rate monitor, you might be over estimating calorie burn. There may be some mis-calculation with food input on the items that you are not weighing and measuring so that your recorded deficit is not a true deficit. You may be masking some weight loss through increased water retention due to working your muscles hard; sodium; hormones.
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    What's wrong? You're eating too much.

You're missing the "deficit" part of "caloric deficit".

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    In for the defecit

• wladysiak
    wladysiak Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Myfitness pal is telling me to eat 1340. Is that with a deficit? My Tdee is 2800.... How many calories do I eat then. I write everything I eat down in a journal. Not always on here. I keep track of everything and I use a scale along with measuring spoons. Keeping track of all my calories is tough. I don't use juice either in my smoothie. Whey protein with water and fresh fruit.
  • TheVirgoddess
    Options
    wladysiak wrote: »
    Myfitness pal is telling me to eat 1340. Is that with a deficit? My Tdee is 2800.... How many calories do I eat then. I write everything I eat down in a journal. Not always on here. I keep track of everything and I use a scale along with measuring spoons. Keeping track of all my calories is tough. I don't use juice either in my smoothie. Whey protein with water and fresh fruit.

If you're using a scale, you're doing it wrong. I really think your intake is the issue.

Yes, MFP has the deficit built in.

How did you figure your TDEE?
  • ogmomma2012
    Options
    My TDEE is around 2800 as well, being only lightly active and extremely obese by BMI index. I think your TDEE would be more, so yes 1340 calories is a BIG deficit. PLUS your exercise calories. Maybe your scale needs to be recalibrated?
  • wladysiak
    Options
    So I'm eating too much at 1340? Tdee was done online calculator... Do you have a way to figure it out? When I don't work out my armband averages 2200 cals from midnight to midnight.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    Eating clean means nothing. Log and eat at a deficit.

You are not logging daily and your goal is ridiculously low for the estimated daily burn, and you aren't even meeting your goal every time you log. I'm assuming you do not log everything and/or you are eating more than you realize. Your sodium is also high on many occasions so that contributes to weight retention. You are also using generic recipes, and I'm guessing you are not weighing your food despite sometimes using entries requiring weighted measurements.

So all in all you are not logging properly.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    1340 would give you a deficit, if your TDEE is 2800. However, your TDEE may not be 2800 and you may be eating more than 1340. Even with a food scale, there are ways to get an inaccurate calorie count, such as recording an incorrect calories per ounce number, or removing some low calorie portion of the food before weighing it, etc.
  • TheVirgoddess
    Options
    So I'm eating too much at 1340? Tdee was done online calculator... Do you have a way to figure it out? When I don't work out my armband averages 2200 cals from midnight to midnight.

The issue is you don't really understand how different the TDEE method is from the NEAT method (which is what MFP uses).

TDEE includes your exercises. MFP does not.

So if you're going to use the TDEE method, you need to adjust your calorie goals on here manually, to be TDEE - your %.

If you're going to use the MFP method, you need to log your exercises and eat a portion of those calories back.

You need to pick a method to use.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options

How did you figure your TDEE, it sounded like you came up with this number from wearing your HRM all day?

Use a food scale, also be consistent I looked back and just 3 or 4 days ago you didn't log anything.

Your exercise burns seem high too.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Go to settings

Check your age, gender, weight is correct

Set your activity level as it describes ...if you have a desk job you're sedentary etc (ignore workouts)

Set your goal weight loss rate, over 75lbs to lose choose 2lb a week, less? Choose lower

MFP gives you calories ...that's your daily amount excluding workout

When you exercise add it in exercise, double click on calories and half them - Edit you have an HRM, does it have a chest strap? If doing steady-state cardio then log those calories, anything else log 50-75%

That is how many calories you eat that day

Weigh and log all solid food on MFP and it gives you a calories left

Start there, get used to it then you can refine it
  • wladysiak
    Options
    Yes I wear my hrm all the time.... I'm going to stick with the 1340 with my workouts. I just did my Tdee online and came up with 2200 .