Black bean pasta... Has anyone tried it?

Options
I picked up a box from Costco today but I'm not sure which direction I should go with it... A spaghetti sauce or toss with some veggies? Anyone have a recipe they love? vbt5wr65nm7k.jpg
1opey4whsypp.jpg

Replies

• Sherriediva1
    Sherriediva1 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I've never seen this before....given that the box shows it with veggies that's how I'd probably try it. Share how it turns out would ya? Love all that protein
  • Carbsmakefat
    Carbsmakefat Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I like it with feta cheese because the color combo is so beautiful but so many carb, I only eat very little portions. And because it tastes exactly like black beans I also like avocado and salsa on it.
  • Lacey0903
    Lacey0903 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I've never seen this before....given that the box shows it with veggies that's how I'd probably try it. Share how it turns out would ya? Love all that protein

When I flipped the box & saw the protein & fiber I was like "holy crap! I've gotta try it!"
  • Serendipity5215
    Serendipity5215 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I have a package of this that I haven't yet tried... I like the veggie, salsa & guacamole ideas!! :)
  • Lacey0903
    Options
    I like it with feta cheese because the color combo is so beautiful but so many carb, I only eat very little portions. And because it tastes exactly like black beans I also like avocado and salsa on it.

Mmmm... Good call.
  • Carbsmakefat
    Options
    Mine comes in a penne shape pasta from whole foods. There is also a red lentil rotini
  • Carbsmakefat
    Options
    You know what else is good? Using the vegetti to make noodle shapes with zucchini
  • Lacey0903
    Options
    You know what else is good? Using the vegetti to make noodle shapes with zucchini

I've wanted one of those for a while but I never remember to look at the store when I'm there, lol. I really like spaghetti squash so I'm sure I'd like it. I'm also wanting to try broccoli slaw as a noodle replacement...
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    Yup. It's delicious. Not quite like spaghetti though - the texture's a bit different. I often toss with some roasted veggies and drizzle with sesame oil. My favourite though is their mung bean fettuccine.
  • runner475
    runner475 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    I have. It is amazing. I added it to my salad and one time I made Vegetable Thai Curry with Noodles.
  • Carbsmakefat
    Options
    And I make cauliflower rice. You cut it into really fine grains and then stir fry
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I've tried the mung bean ones and they were vile. Haven't tried these though... kinda don't really dare to, frankly.
  • questionfear
    questionfear Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    The black bean ones are pretty good. They taste vaguely of black beans but they are pretty neutral. And very filling.
  • Lacey0903
    Options
    Well I tried them as a taco pasta dish, & it was pretty fantastic. Maybe it's because I haven't had pasta in so long but I thought they tasted great! It something I'm going to keep on hand for sure. :)
  • Lacey0903
    Options
    The black bean ones are pretty good. They taste vaguely of black beans but they are pretty neutral. And very filling.

I was surprised at how neutral they are.
  • jumblejups
    jumblejups Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I have chickpea pasta, for a generous serving (250g cooked), it's about 370cal, 16g fibre, 24g protein. I don't tend to eat wheat or gluten so I'm always on the lookout for good products and chickpea pasta is tasty, it has a fairly neutral flavour but the texture is way better than regular gluten-free labelled pastas, when cooked it is al dente, whereas standard GF pastas often break up easily. I'm off to see if I can find bean pasta now... :)
  • jumblejups
    jumblejups Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    PS I have chickpea pasta with anything, like regular pasta! Recently I had a bowl with grated halloumi on top, a comfort food from childhood, just pasta and grated halloumi - was tasty :D
  • Maitria
    Maitria Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I really wanted to like the black bean noodles for the protein. No could do. I do like the red lentil pastas, though.
  • bababs89
    bababs89 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I love black bean pasta - it has a pretty neutral flavor...I usually make it and toss with veggies and a little oil. I haven't tried it with spaghetti sauce, but it would probably work that way too.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,970 Member
    Options
    GF has turned into being quite the cash cow.