check out my food diary and explain to me

Options
1235»

Replies

• SwankyTomato
    SwankyTomato Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    ana3067 wrote: »

But the benefit is that you are being as accurate as possible, which will help you be better able to a) see results, and b) tweak things if NOT seeing results. So it may be a bit tedious initially for some but it's worth taking time to learn how to do!

Oh yes, totally agree!

I am tweaking away daily trying to find my sweet spot. So far I am settled on the 1450cal/day and see how that goes.

• weightlossme
    Options
    Didn't even read this advice on the site - until I logged a weigh in today - perhaps should have paid attention to it sooner.

Taking your measurements can be an even better gauge of your progress because when you burn fat and build heavier muscle, your weight may not change or even increase even though your body is tighter and smaller. We suggest taking your measurements every 2-4 weeks.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    Didn't even read this advice on the site - until I logged a weigh in today - perhaps should have paid attention to it sooner.

Taking your measurements can be an even better gauge of your progress because when you burn fat and build heavier muscle, your weight may not change or even increase even though your body is tighter and smaller. We suggest taking your measurements every 2-4 weeks.

Except the advice is incorrect because you do not burn fat and build muscle at the same time. Your weightwould remain static due to things like water retention or other random fluctuations, not muscle building while in a deficit. The tiny amount you might build due to newbie gains if you lift heavy weights would not be enough to completely erase all losses during the entire process of cutting your weight down.