Thoughts on trigger foods. Suggestions?

Options
I have an unhealthy love for cold cereal. I get on a kick where I'll eat 2-3 bowls a day. It doesn't matter if it's fiber1 or trix. I can't stop buying it like I have other trigger foods because of various and sundry reasons.
How do I keep myself in check around yummy crunchy cold cereal?

Replies

• GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    If you can not stop buying it then you sure can not stop eating it I expect. I had to cold turkey all carbs because I was out of control with them for years.
  • flabassmcgee
    flabassmcgee Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    You're in control of what you buy and eat. If it's not something you feel you can eat in moderation, then don't keep it around.

Or buy ONE box and premeasure each portion into zip lock baggies so you can grab and pour when the mood strikes.

You don't have to cut what you love, but a more varied diet is beneficial for your nutritional goals. :)
  • BioQueen
    BioQueen Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I had to stop buying it because I have the same problem with cold cereal. The only thing I'll eat is oatmeal and I usually make overnight oats. Boxed cereal is just not in my life anymore lol.
  • cheshirecatastrophe
    cheshirecatastrophe Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    2-3 bowls a day? Honestly, I'd pre-log it, account for the calories the rest of the day, and call it good. Now, when you're eating the whole box within two hours of bringing it home from the store, then let's talk.

a.k.a. cheshire can't keep cereal around, either. :(
  • 39in39
    39in39 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thanks!!