Homemade recipe ingredients

Options
Is there a way to view what ingredients are in home made recipes on the food search - i.e I used a "homemade turkey chili" for calories but have no idea if what's in the recipe is what was in my chili

Replies

• earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    If there is, I haven't found it. You would be better off entering your recipe in the recipe builder so you know exactly what is in your food and have a more accurate calorie count.
  • Runner42151
    Runner42151 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks
  • sugargrammy45
    sugargrammy45 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I make a lot of my own recipes and use the recipe builder as earlnabby also suggested. I carefully measure whatever ingredient I am using and when the dish is completed, I measure out how many servings there are (according to the size of the serving I want). I use a code for the first name of all of my recipes and I don't list them in the general recipe list.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    I make a lot of my own recipes and use the recipe builder as earlnabby also suggested. I carefully measure whatever ingredient I am using and when the dish is completed, I measure out how many servings there are (according to the size of the serving I want). I use a code for the first name of all of my recipes and I don't list them in the general recipe list.

This also makes it easier with things like meat. I may use 24 oz. in the recipe, but if the roast I just picked up to make it again is 22 oz or 28 oz I will just edit the quantity of meat rather than put a small portion of it in the freezer or log too many calories