Boxing Classes Calories Burned

Options
Hey everyone!

I have been doing Title Boxing Club classes and I was wondering if anyone else has done them (or something similar) and knows how many calories they've burned. They advertise between 500-1,000 calories a class, but I was just wondering if there were any real life examples from people who have worn heart rate monitors or have some other way of knowing. I have been really underestimating how many calories I burn per class, but I don't want to cheat myself if I am burning more lol.

Thanks!

Replies

• coopsm87
    coopsm87 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've done both Title's boxing class and UFC Gym's wearing a HRM. Title's classes I typically burned between 600-700 according to the HRM, UFC's was over 800. Obviously a lot of factors go into those results and they would vary by person, and HRM accuracy is affected by many things, but it a least provides me consistency so I have a baseline to compare workouts to. They've always been consistently high calorie burners for me, and they are a really great workout IMO. I hope that helps!
  • BioQueen
    BioQueen Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks so much, that was exactly what I was looking for. I really need to buy a heart rate monitor. I was purposely underestimating how much I burned because I didn't know, but now I feel better saying it was a bit higher.