Anyone from KItchener Waterloo?

Options
Hello,

After a rather long weight loss break, I'm back and focused. If there is anyone in KW I'd love to chat and help motivate each other in this.
I have about 40 pounds to lose.

Thanks,
Cyd

Replies

• danaduxbury
    danaduxbury Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am from Waterloo.
  • riles_monique
    riles_monique Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    After having my 5th child and approaching my forties, I realized I was just FAT!! Not thick, or kinda on the chubby side, or just right for my height, or not that bad... no ... just FAT and extremely uncomfortable!! Uncomfortable in my clothes and around ppl. What?? Never had I been so ashamed to go into clothing stores, restaurants, amusement parks, and even my children's school... Yes, it's true... So I decided to stop looking at old pics of when I was a size 5 and get REAL!!! I may never be a size 5 again, EVER!! I am a woman that has put her body through the ringer and deserves some slack but no excuse to be at risk for health issues. So in Jan. 2015, I started incorporating small changes in my physical life, oh and no more WHITE rice (mmmm coconut rice and peas), bread (mmm endless possibilities), and sugar(mmmm kool-aid)!! But I wanted to be realistic with myself, I like to eat!!! But moderation is now my motto and READING labels IS FUNDAMENTAL... I mean the crap I use to eat is scary... I try to exercise 3-4 times a week, incorporated weights ( I use 8 -25lbs. depends on which way the wind blows that day), and even started walk/running (thunder thighs and all). I try to eat 6 small meals a day and water, water, water, and green tea. Notice I use the word TRY a lot.. But accountability is what I need the most and hopefully I can find that and major inspiration with the help of my familia and MFP
  • riles_monique
    riles_monique Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Dang, sorry about the long bio... meant to post it somewhere else lol