Frustrated, confused. I could use some advice!

Options
Hi everyone!

So first my stats

Height - 5'4
SW (June 2014) 256
CW 190
GW 150

I have been consistently eating around 1000-1300 calories a day since I started my weight loss. I have been losing between 2-3lbs per week. I can tell my weight loss is slowing down now. I currently have my goal set to 1.5 lb a week and have a calorie goal of 1260. I was wondering if this was reasonable? Or if I should lower it to 1lb? I am really am worried that I will gain it back. As for exercise, I don't do much. I am pretty sedentary (student, non worker at the moment). I do walk on my treadmill 3-4 days per week at 4mph for around 35 minutes. I just wanted to know what my weekly goal should be at this point and how to make it happen. I would really appreciate yalls advice :)

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Weight loss slows does as we get closer to goal.
    What makes you think you will gain your weight back?
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    It hasn't really been shown that rate of loss has much to do with likelihood of gaining it back. The truth is that we are all vulnerable to regain, so the key is making sustainable changes and figuring out how to keep yourself focused and accountable when you are no longer losing weight. I think the biggest problems with rapid loss are that you are losing a lot of muscle mass and probably not getting sufficient nutrition.
  • Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Others may disagree but I kept a 2.2 weekly average for 65 pounds and didn't lower it to 1lb until I was 15 to go.

I used Bioelectric scale weekly to log and then track my bf% and lean body mass along the way to make sure I didn't lose any muscle mass.
  • Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    FYI..... I went on vacation for a month when I got to 15lb to go and ate at maintenance that whole month before resuming my deficit. ok almost maintenance. I gained a pound. LoL
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    If you can lose at 1.5 lbs per week, I see no reason why you shouldn't. The only reason weight loss rate has anything to do with gaining it back is because people who lose weight quickly don't have as much time to develop good habits as people who lose it over a longer period of time.