Replies

• 2BeHappy2
    2BeHappy2 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Dang, this calculator only goes down to 4'10...Im 4'2 :neutral_face:
  • myfatass78
    myfatass78 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    When I did this whole thing the last time I was on about 90g of protein a day and I felt great and really strong. My housemates used to complain that I turned off every tap in the house too tight for them to turn on and I could move a couch on my own lol
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    That protein target is a minimum, not a maximum. You aim for at least that number, not at most.
  • stephxo1
    stephxo1 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    My protein target is set at 30% at the moment and that gives me 188g per day to work with so you've nothing to worry about. 0.8-1g per kilo of bodyweight is an average and like others say, your body will get rid of any unwanted protein anyway. If you work out 6 days per week I'd be eating more protein that you currently are anyway to feed those muscles properly. So stop panicking lol
  • stephxo1
    stephxo1 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    stephxo1 wrote: »
    My protein target is set at 30% at the moment and that gives me 188g per day to work with so you've nothing to worry about. 0.8-1g per kilo of bodyweight is an average and like others say, your body will get rid of any unwanted protein anyway. If you work out 6 days per week I'd be eating more protein that you currently are anyway to feed those muscles properly. So stop panicking lol

188g is complete overkill on protein.

I don't hit this target but try to aim for the 0.8g per kilo bodyweight ratio. Just shows though that the target set by MFP isn't always right like in the OPs case.
  • eMka11
    eMka11 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    2BeHappy2 wrote: »
    Dang, this calculator only goes down to 4'10...Im 4'2 :neutral_face:

I am using this to calculate my goals and macros, you can input your own weight/height, may be useful?
    http://www.gainsandguns.com/nutrition-en/calories-tracker-spreadsheet/
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    I think it is recommended to eat .8 grams of protein per pound of body weight or something.

per pound of LBM not body weight - so it also depends on body fat % (and it's 0.8 - 1g per lb of LBM