Any Lap Banders Here? Fell off the wagon looking for support!

Options
I am 6 years post op, I maintained my goal weight for 4 years but in the past few years I have put on almost all of the weight I lost. I met with my nutritionist and realized that I had forgotten so much, I fell into old habbits. Anyone else have this happen and recovered, their weight loss goals? Any tipswould be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• Dilyn423
    Dilyn423 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am. I am only 6 months out, almost 7. Have lost around 53 lbs but lately have started snacking again. I don't want to go back to those old habits. I meet once a month with our support group and that helps. It lets me know that I am not alone in this battle. It also helps just talking with other people who know what you are talking about and have probably gone through the same things or felt the same way. I would be lost without them. You might try to find a group close to where you live. Ours is sponsored by the hospital (clinic) where I had my surgery.
  • KeriAmes
    KeriAmes Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks :), I live in a very small town, no support groups here but I will be getting back on the lap band forum. The lap peeps are very helpful and sometime tell their cheats ( not cool) but for the most part awesome! I lost all of my weight the first year, and kept it off for three then gradually started gaining it back, now I look back and realized little by little I forgot what I had learned and reverted back to my old habits, clearly I became unfocused. Now I remember everything, the laps a tool not a get outa jail free card lol...Since meeting with my nutritionist I am back on track :)