Options
2»

Replies

• kristenlarkin
    kristenlarkin Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    klaraam wrote: »
    Abbie_T wrote: »
    I'd suggest identifying what specific foods are the main sources of the carbs, then reduce or replace them.

Maybe substitute half of the portion with a low carb alternative?

That cheat sheet above is good!

Yes I think that I get most of my carbs from bread, I'm trying to eat smoothies and egg instead of it :)

Look up the recipe for oopsie bread. It's pretty good and has very little carbs
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    I try not to comment cuz it's just, ugh, but I thought of something. I don't think of it as "carbs" or a "carb problem" because that just leads to a whole other world of silly thinking.

However, when I went to the supermarket yesterday to buy a salad and two big bags of dipsy doodles for the office party, I stopped at the Italian/French bread section. The loaves were warm, long, crusty, just what I love. I can eat a whole loaf (which is why I'm here now). I walked along the aisles with it because I was going to buy it. Then I stopped off at the deli for the salad and saw they had chick peas and stuff. As I'm looking and deciding, I look at the bread, and just made another decision. I went and put the bread back and did not buy it.

The moral of the story is; at some point you're going to have to just decide whether you really want/need it or if you want something better, like a fit body, a hard stomach, a smaller tag on your pant, less fat under the chin, to have a silhouette, fewer stomach aches from the bloat, etc.