What weight loss should I enter in MFP 2lbs,1.5lbs or 1lb.

Options
Hi I'm currently 224lbs down from 280 and am looking to get down to 190/195 and am unsure what to add in my goals.Am at 2lbs per week at the moment and seem to have stalled for a few weeks.

Replies

• SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    With only ~30 lbs to go, I would do 1lb a week. At about 20lbs left, change it to 0.5 lbs a week. That's what I would do.
  • katherine_startrek_fan
    Options
    You should probavly be at 1 - 1 1/2 pounds per week right now. 2 pounds is too agressive, given how little you have to go.

Are you also exercising and eating back around half of your exercise calories?
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    As you get closer to your goal weight, your weight loss will get slower. Trying to lose with a 2 pound a week as a goal will be harder. I would change it to 1 pound per week.

You also have a lot of quick add calories in you diary, this may slow you up as well. Do you use a food scale?
  • BeastReborn
    BeastReborn Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    1 lb a week is pretty easy to do.
    1.5 lbs a week, you'll start feeling the hunger, but still manageable.
    2 lbs a week, it'll become a test of willpower, you'll have to be strict and not each much processed food.
  • decy63
    decy63 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    As you get closer to your goal weight, your weight loss will get slower. Trying to lose with a 2 pound a week as a goal will be harder. I would change it to 1 pound per week.

You also have a lot of quick add calories in you diary, this may slow you up as well. Do you use a food scale?

Whenever I use the quick add feature I make sure to overestimate I do use a food scale.
  • decy63
    Options
    You should probavly be at 1 - 1 1/2 pounds per week right now. 2 pounds is too agressive, given how little you have to go.

Are you also exercising and eating back around half of your exercise calories?

In the gym 6 days a week and on balance would probably eat half to 2/3rds back.
  • decy63
    Options
    Have reset to 1.5lbs a week and will see how it goes for a week or two thanks for the replies.