How often do you weigh yourself?

Options

Replies

• DivaMoe40
    DivaMoe40 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Becka4prez wrote: »
    ...but only track losses. I'm always up or down 1-2 lbs, but realize this is normal.
    I usually weigh every Monday morning to see where I am and to make sure that I have not overdone it during the week.

• ArkMom35
    ArkMom35 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I can't help myself from weighing every morning when I get up (after I pee too, haha, 'cause who wants those ounces on the scale). I enter any loss into MFP because it makes me feel good. Though on the flip side no loss makes me feel discouraged. I do only log my weight loss once a week on my calendar.
  • xmarye
    xmarye Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    nxd10 wrote: »
    I weigh every morning and know I will bounce around +/- 3 pounds. I only look at the downs. If I weighed less often, my real losses would get lost in the daily bouncing and I wouldn't see it. And I'd worry about it. This way, it bounces around, and I'm find with that. Been doing that for 3 years.

I agree! I would be scared to lose my loss in the day-to-day fluctuations. I weigh-in everyday day, but only log when it goes down. And usually I lose about 1-2lbs per week. As long as I know I have maintained a calorie deficit, I know I don't need to worry anyway. I always lose, then gain 1-2lbs over a few days, then it goes down 1-2lbs and then some. It's all about the trend!! ;)
  • Michelle13
    Michelle13 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I weigh every Monday morning. I find it keeps me more accountable :D
  • betsyr13
    betsyr13 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    All the time. A few times a day, even. I like to see how much it changes from one part of the day to another so I know what's normal for me. It can vary by as much as 6 pounds from morning to evening. I find it fascinating.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Daily, log weekly.
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily but only log on Sunday.
  • JayRuby84
    JayRuby84 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I don't have a home scale so weigh in at the gym Saturday mornings after coffee but before food.
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning first thing. Take measurements on Sunday morning. Take pictures every 30 days.

I log every day, which is nice because my weight graph on here shows everything. However, sometimes I consider only logging when I'm at a new low.
  • KBurkhardt08
    KBurkhardt08 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    It just depends on the person. Are you someone that could see the number fluctuating a lot and not feel bad about it? Then weighing everyday is good. I personally only weigh once a week because if I saw the number go up I would be upset with myself.
  • AliciaNorris81
    AliciaNorris81 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Every morning. After pee. Naked. Dare not drink a drop of water before hand.

Just me? LOL :smiley:

No, seriously. I do every morning after I go to the bathroom just for my reference. I log it about once a week.

• Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    It just depends on the person. Are you someone that could see the number fluctuating a lot and not feel bad about it? Then weighing everyday is good. I personally only weigh once a week because if I saw the number go up I would be upset with myself.

But what if you're up on weigh in day? That's why I weigh daily and don't give much thought to any one number.
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    Especially if you weigh daily, it's helpful to learn the main causes of fluctuation in weight. I often will guess before I get on the scale if it will be up or down. This helps me learn my own body better and keeps in a reasonable mindframe about those inevitable ups and downs.

For me, the relevant factors that drive weight up are alcohol consumption, dehydration, working out (especially weight lifting), TOM, high sodium, a lot of food content, amount of sleep/time of weighing.
  • MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    I weigh about 1-2 times a month. I used to weigh daily, sometimes several times, then I realized that my food decisions were becoming exclusively calorie based, rather than nutrition driven. Since I am not overweight, and I have health problems, I decided that getting proper nutrition was more important than a few vanity pounds, and now I don't have my own scale anymore.

I still count my calories on MFP, but I am not so driven to minimize them. As long as I am not eating over maintenance on a weekly basis, I try to focus more on the micronutrients.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Since I am maintaining usually I weigh once a week or every two weeks.
  • diegops1
    diegops1 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily. I thought I was a data freak until I saw SingRunTing's charts.
  • dougpconnell219
    dougpconnell219 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Every morning after voiding. My scale logs it automatically.
  • bettebuc
    bettebuc Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I tossed the scales. The numbers game drove me crazy. I know if I stay on my diet the weight will come off eventually. I've lost 35 lbs so far and am training for a mini-marathon.
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    diegops1 wrote: »
    I weigh daily. I thought I was a data freak until I saw SingRunTing's charts.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT8gUXUlkLJTzXWOcodE1aqRVQY6GIjaTK9yEC7qaCCosm-d_rx
  • Chain_Ring
    Chain_Ring Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    every day. Like clockwork.