Help with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

Options
As everyone knows, they way to lose weight is to move more and eat less. I have been working on the eating less and eating better, but the moving more is starting to become a problem. I have been having problems with pain, dizziness, and fatigue and recently got a diagnosis of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. To me, I feel that having a diagnosis does put you in a box of limitations, but gives you a goal to overcome.

The Doctor gave me a Rx of Lyrica which does help some, but I can not afford the prescription even with insurance, so I am no longer taking it. At this point, even after I walk for 2 miles at a slow pace my body aches all over, I feel miserable, moody, and depressed which is completely out of the ordinary and NOT me.

Does anyone else have problems with this and what are you doing to improve your abilities and functioning? I really would like to find a more natural solution to this problem and also start losing weight again!!!

Thanks for your help and input!

Replies

• gentlygently
    gentlygently Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I swim. I rest a lot. I do meditation tapes if I am getting blue. I plan my day so I do something for me in it, as well as things I have to do. I work very hard on being as positive as I can.

The swimming is great. Very measurable so I can gradually increase the distance or pace (I've learnt my lesson not to do sudden splurges of increases!). Good excercise. Relaxing.

Good luck
  • NerdieMcChub
    NerdieMcChub Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I dunno... I have that and Hashimoto's.. I exercise an hour every day. It's actually helped me feel better and usually have more energy. Force yourself to do it.
  • Spreyton22K
    Spreyton22K Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Chronic fatigue or any chronic illness presents people with challenges on how to balance their lives within new boundaries.

What may work for some, won't work for others and it is really up to the individual to try as many different ways to fit in exercise, rest, eating well, medications (whether prescribed or natural) etc etc within the fine balancing act of listening to how their body responds and whether the out come is a positive or negative one.

I guess in a nutshell.....after living with this and other debilitating conditions for a long time you just have to get out there in the World and give stuff a go. Nerdie's idea of actually forcing yourself to exercise, in my opinion has substance. The truth is you are going to have to find within in you something "extra" to get through, for you that driving force to go on may be your faith.

All you can do is your best....listen to your body, feed it well, rest it often, move consistently in a way that gives you joy and please try to find a way to get back to your Dr. and get support......maybe another less expensive Rx, I live in Aus. and it astounds me that in such a wealthy country as America, basic healthcare is beyond the means of many.....you have my sympathy in that regard.

• ZebsterBC
    ZebsterBC Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Motion is lotion. Move. Do what you can and keep doing it. Progress may be excruciatingly slow, but it will come.
    Anemia, fatigue, nerve pain and dizziness made it tough at first, but it's easier now for me. No excuses. You have to be tough with yourself.