Options
2»

Replies

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    bgorum wrote: »
    That's the kind of thing that makes it super hard to stay under. And, it always seems as though when I am trying really hard, that is when every single day is someone's birthday or some other celebration or special lunch (usually laden with empty calories) going on at work. Be strong sister. Have only a tiny piece, and do what all your annoying skinny friends do and pretend you really don't like all that sugary frosting because it's just "too much" and scrape most of it off. You got this!

I guess I was the annoying skinny friend for all those years before I got fat. And now this extra fat makes me less annoying. Go figure.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    mail it to me...I want cake...

• Teneko
    Teneko Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I have problems with gluten / wheat, so that's an easy No for me. The hard part for me is being called into the office at work when they're handing out "birthday cupcakes" in appreciation. >_<

At least the cake's not like poison to your body...but it might help if you pretend like it is.
    Have a little square of super dark chocolate later on. Be sure to add it to MFP.

-T.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Fit it in! Fun. I like cake. Pie with ice cream is better. That I wouldn't even turn down.
  • LuckyStar813
    LuckyStar813 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I work in an office and the treats are maddening some days! I agree with others that you can have a small piece that fits into your calorie budget. I suggest eating it after a meal with protein so you wont get a sugar rush and crash.

If you know there will be treats at work and don't want to eat them, maybe keep a small baggie of almonds and dark chocolate chips in your desk.