Water intake frequency

Options
ladybg81
ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
I try to get all of my water in while I'm at work so I am not up at night going potty and it gives me a good excuse to get up and walk. Does that matter or do I need to spread it more evenly throughout the day. I've never really thought it mattered but am not curious.

Replies

• ladybg81
    Options
    *now
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    Personally, I don't think it matters too much as long as you aren't getting dehydrated by the evening. I drink the majority of my water during the day, too, for the same reason and it seems to be fine.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    The color of your urine is one of your best indicators. As long as you don't get dehydrated do what works for you.
  • ladybg81
    Options
    Thanks!
  • stef237
    stef237 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I try to go through about 2 litres starting first thing in the morning up until dinner time. That includes cups of black & herbal teas as well. :)
  • rbfdac
    rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    I drink 75 ounces of water, and 16 oz of tea/coffee all before 3:30 PM. It's much easier for me to run to the bathroom a million times at work than when I get home and have to cook/clean/do chores/take care of my one year old. I drink a 16-20 oz glass of water with supper and maybe 8 oz of decaf coffee or tea in the evening, but that's it. I hate having to pee in the middle of the night!