Sugar free dried fruit

Options
Can anyone recommend a good brand of natural no sugar added dried fruit that is less expensive too? I occasionally find some at aldi but it seems like most of them are still high in sugar even without it being caked in sugar, can't stand that. I know done fruits are just naturally high in sugar

Replies

• Kontxesi
    Kontxesi Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    The only thing I can think of is the organic dried mangoes at Trader Joe's. The non-organic ones have sugar added, so make sure you pay attention to what you're grabbing.

I wouldn't say they're "less expensive", though. IIRC, the pouch is like $3.99?
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    dehydrators are surprisingly inexpensive, we make our own jerky too.
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's. The mangos and persimmons are way addictive. I recently tried the freeze-dried ones and they are really good as well.
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    Google Sunsweet and Mariani.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Neman's Own has apricots, raisins, apples, prunes.
  • pallascleary
    pallascleary Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • pallascleary
    Options
    Good suggestions and tips, thanks everyone!
  • EatPaleoStyle
    Options
    Can anyone recommend a good brand of natural no sugar added dried fruit that is less expensive too? I occasionally find some at aldi but it seems like most of them are still high in sugar even without it being caked in sugar, can't stand that. I know done fruits are just naturally high in sugar

If you buy just dried fruit it is very unlikely to find added sugars, but just get organic and is more easy.

A suggestion, watch out the consumption, dried fruit is very small, but the sugar is still there, it is way easy to over eat sugar while consuming dried fruit.
  • pallascleary
    Options
    Agreed, thank you
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Dates are the bomb
  • pallascleary
    Options
    B)