Digestive Problems

Options
I know this isn't the most comfortable topic but I really need some advice. Since my system grew weak during my ED, it has never really gotten back on track. Sometimes it seems to go well for about a week or two, but then I'll have longer periods of time when it doesn't seem to be working hardly at all. I should start tracking it to see how exactly how much I go on my off times, but honestly sometimes I think I go a whole week (maybe even more) without a proper movement. And since I started MFP, I know that K almost always get enough fiber. I know that sometimes my fat is a little high, but not crazy high and I don't think it would harm me that much?

Basically, I need advice on what may be wrong, what I could do differently. Are there any vitamins I should take? I know laxatives aren't really good but I'm always wanting a quick detox because I feel like I never go! Any advice is appreciated.

Replies

• funicello
    funicello Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    1. Water should be the first thing you increase. Half your body weight.
    2. If you haven't talked to a doctor, you should. They would give the best advice & supervision while taking supplements to help "get you going".
    3. Take time every day to sit on the toilet at roughly the same time. Give yourself enough time to relax.
    4. De-stress as stress can make it more difficult to go. Yoga, Meditation, Breathing Exercises, etc.

I have chronic constipation due to a disability so I understand the frustration. Good Luck!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    1 Many yoga moves are good for the GI.
    2 Magnesium Oxide -- it is a stool softener. Take with water. Check with your doctor.
  • wolfpack2014
    Options
    My daughter has the same problem and her pediatrician recommended MiraLax (stool softener) everyday for three weeks. She said after that her system should take over again. It's non habit forming and I'm guessing if a pediatrician would recommend, it would be safe for an adult. Good luck!
  • Codilee87
    Codilee87 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    You can also try a probiotic to keep your digestive flora healthy and balanced